PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem!!!!!

yfzrider45
03-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Hey, when i push my push start it always doesnt wanna start....when i turn my key and flick it to run, i hear a click(wich is good) then when i push the grey button it sometimes doesnt wanna start cranking....it does nothing.....then sometimes it starts rite up?!!!!!.....what do you think is the problem.???

#17YFZRACER
03-24-2008, 04:31 PM
might have a short in the switch or a loose wire. take it of your bars and take it apart. clean it and spray some silicon spray or some electrical grease in it and put it back together. if that doesnt work your problem could be somewhere else:confused:

yfzrider45
03-24-2008, 05:36 PM
What should i try after that....i'm selling it this weeknd cuz i'm switching over to kawi:macho , and i really need this little thing fixed....its works when it wants to....and my battery is fully charged!! and it makes that click when you turn te switch to on......so everythings good until i push the start button, then nothing happens........:confused:

yfzrider45
03-25-2008, 04:53 PM
i tryed that and it didnt work.....it starts when it wants to, i'll go through all the wires and make sure everythings good.....please lemme know if anyone else has had this problem...

#17YFZRACER
03-25-2008, 05:09 PM
kawasaki huh:ermm:

yfzrider45
03-25-2008, 05:19 PM
yeah, i'm having WAAY to many problems with my yfz, i'm going to sell it and the day i called to make arrangements it starts doing this:grr: ........so if anyone could please help me with this i;d REALLY appreciate it!!

#17YFZRACER
03-25-2008, 06:35 PM
i'm going to sell it and the day i called to make arrangements it starts doing this

its just trying to tell you something

as far as the problem maybe use a electrical current tester and find your problem

squadie
03-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Have had a similar issue with my 05 all along. I just hit the start button a second time and all is well. Maybe try rocking the start button to one side or the other to see if it's simply a problem with the button's contact.