PDA

View Full Version : Shipping?

brandonpeake
03-24-2008, 02:26 PM
I live in the South but i have noticed shipping has been going up or well went up since the last time sent stuff off to get PC'd. What's the going rate on sending a frame/subframe combo up to Pappy these days? I mentioned where I live b/c I know location matters

capecod400ex
03-24-2008, 04:48 PM
just cost me 75 bucks:eek2: wasent expecting that one.......

Pappy
03-24-2008, 05:00 PM
I ship frames all over the country, and never has one cost me over $45 and that was to Cali!

capecod400ex
03-24-2008, 05:02 PM
So I my frames return flight should be cheaper than pappy?

brandonpeake
03-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Ok thanks guys I was just curious what to expect if I had to ship, Pappy was that FED - EX with the frame bubble wrapped and taped with the label stuck to it?

Pappy
03-24-2008, 11:31 PM
most folks put the sub inside the frame and zip tie it together. a wrap of bubble wrap or better yet shrink wrap is all thats needed. they cant do anything really to the frame during shipping that cant be done by using some form of box.

i wrap with foam and support the boxes for return shipping and even then we can have shipping damage. thankfully its not often but ive seen it happen with any part shipped.

shipping from the south(GA, NC, etc) has been running around $35-$45 depending on how you package the frame (large box = more $$)

all in all, most folks tell me it is cheaper to ship it here, have it done and have it retuned then visiting thier local shop (some of which are not local and with the cost of gas it can be damn near equal if you live far far away from a coater)

i know i sure appreciate the work, its all im doing now:p