PDA

View Full Version : Please Help I have a Exhaust Question ?

A&S Banshee 00
03-24-2008, 10:28 AM
I have an 05 450R that has a freshly rebuilt engine. I took it out for a 15 minute easy ride yesterday afternoon. It was about 50 degrees here. What i'm worried about is when I shut the engine off white smoke comes out from the end of the exhaust and it also has a nasty burning smell. Heres what is done to my 450r. It has a 470 Mx built engine with Curtis Sparks big core pipe, Dyna FS Programable CDI/Rev box, 41mm FCR Carb, Pro Design intake with K&N filter and outrewear and its running on Sunoco Super blue 112 race fuel. I have it jetted right on the money ,but it might be just a tad on rich side. So can someone please tell me if this is something normal? I just don't want to worry.

thanks

Sjorge450R
03-24-2008, 10:40 AM
well, you say you are jettign right on, so there is nothing wrong with the motor running rich or lean. I say just ignore it for a little but and then see if its stilll doign it. It may be the fuel.

450RGNCC
03-24-2008, 11:24 PM
if it is a new pipe than it is prob just burning off any oils or residue left in the pipe from when it was manufactured.