PDA

View Full Version : Airbox Question

collom7
03-24-2008, 09:05 AM
I JUST BOUGHT A YFZ AND IT HAS NO AIRBOX JUST A CUSTOM MADE K&N FILTER FROM PACKARD ENT. IS IT GOING TO BE SUCKING IN HOT AIR? IS THAT GOING TO HURT? AND IS THERE ANY TYPE OF HEAT SHIELD OR SOMETHING OF THAT SORT?
I DID PUT ON A PRE FILTER ( HE DIDNT HAVE ONE ON)
ANY COMENTS WOULD BE HELPFULL

Ogener
03-24-2008, 04:38 PM
I wouldnt think it would suck in to much hot air, that area looks pretty open so I bet it will suck in alot of cool air as you are riding. I would be more worried about it getting water and mud on it in wet conditions.

Ride1Rob
03-24-2008, 06:01 PM
You're good! I've been running an open airbox setup similar to yours for the last 2 plus years. I have never seen a filter that long :eek2: .

#17YFZRACER
03-24-2008, 06:34 PM
GOOD LORD:eek: that filter is legit!!! as far as the hot air id say your good. just wondering what you have that monster jetted at?

collom7
03-25-2008, 07:30 AM
yes i know the fiter is hudge, i called k&n so i could find a pre filter for it and they told me they custom make it for dennis packard racing. for jetting i dont know, it has a lectron carb and i have never played with those before so im trying to figure it out.

06YFZ450SE
03-26-2008, 08:15 PM
I was wanting to do a simlier setup. Iam running the stock air box with the lid off with a UNI filter. I was worried about the same thing about water/mud getting threw the filter. I most worried about when I washed it.