PDA

View Full Version : paddles??

freundly
03-23-2008, 06:29 PM
I have a lt80 & we run a set of glider paddles on it & it works great. My brother just bought an 06 trx90 from a friend & the guy who sold it to him said that a set of turf tamers (which came on the bike) work much better in the sand than paddles. Anybody on here run paddles on their 90? This one is bone stock except for a pipe & we were wondering about getting paddles for it.

double d 1
03-24-2008, 02:00 PM
my sons 07trx90 gets along better with the stock tires. he has the ams sidewinder paddles.

freundly
03-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the info. We have an old set of 20" 6 paddle really worn down skat trak edges we are gonna try next trip. We will see how they work. Might throw the dirt tires in just in case!

reconranger
03-30-2008, 03:13 PM
I had a set of Gliders for the 90....all it did was dig holes! The stock tires aired down some, worked much better.

As for Turf Tamers, I doubt they would do very well in sand.

freundly
03-30-2008, 04:08 PM
That's what I've heard about the gliders. Hopefully these edges we have might work a little better since they are on a taller tire & the paddles are so worn down that they are shorter than the gliders I use on our LT80. I'll post back after our trip & let you know how they worked.
Oh, we have several friends that run turf tamers on the 90's in the dunes & they actually work really well.
Thanks!

jmccary
04-09-2008, 09:02 PM
We've got a set of 6 paddle skat traks on one of our 90's and they do great out here. Stock tires were useless in the UT sand. Good to hear about the Turf Tamers though. I've got a set and was wandering how they were going to work out on my youngest son's 90 in the sand. I can't imagine they are supposed to be better than paddles. That makes no sense at all.

freundly
04-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Well, we just got back from the dunes & the 20" 6-paddle edges worked very well! It was also our first trip with the 300ex front end conversion & we like that too. A little stiff, but really stable!

My son absolutely loves the honda & I'd have to say I'm seeing the light. The lt80 is on the auction block & if anybody has a honda 90 they want to part with let me know. The wife wants me to get rid of the lt80 first but if the right deal came along I might be able to do some sweet talking & go ahead with a purchase.