PDA

View Full Version : Picking up my kfx throughout nest week from shwrm floor!!!

yfzrider45
03-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Whats the best tires for these things....i'm buying black hipers for sure to i got those covered....i'm going to be riding tracks, sand pitts, trail, road, woods, basically everywhere.....i'm thinking the new quadcross or the mxr6's....i cant decide!! So if you have or had the tires please gimme some info on them!!! thanks in advance:)

BLU82
03-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Middleboro is sandy right? If so don't get the quadcross tires. They were designed for hardpack so idk how they'll work in sand.

03-23-2008, 07:35 PM
i been running quadcross since i got the kfx. the rears seem to wonder around. i rode sand pits. hard tracks. and really soft tracks. there good on the hard pack but the soft you dont go any where. if i was u mxr6 rear and quadcross fronts. they hook up so amazing<3. the fronts are the best fronts ive rode. and mxr6 are the best rears...

08kfx450r
03-23-2008, 08:54 PM
kenda klaws for the soft stuff

yfzrider45
03-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Quadcross fronts and mxr6 backs sound good!!! i'll end up doing that i bet!!! what sizes do you suggest.....i'm keeping stock front end and stuff so i want a little bit smaller of tires to make it a little lowers to the ground.....and what offset for the back would be good....(i'm buyin hipers) the fronts i'm gettn 3+2 offset, but the back idk yet....i'd want them to match up with the front!!!...

450raider
03-24-2008, 03:53 PM
im in the same boat as you, im narrowing toward kenda knarly/ klaws or razr for the rears and likely razrs for the fronts and im gonna keep the rears at stock size but im thinking about going 1 size up for the fronts but im not sure if theres any benefits with it? (like turning or handling wise)

yfzrider45
03-24-2008, 04:03 PM
It does have traction problems according to dirtwheels......but they say to drop one tooth on the rear sprocket and the problem is solved.....i'm prolly just gunna get the t-moly(lifetime guarentee chaing and sprokets).....i just hope the kfx rips!!

450raider
03-24-2008, 08:54 PM
oh i think youll sleep easy not worrying about the ripping part, thats just dw wanting to dump on sombody so why not the kawi guys...critics set em up...we knock em down, anyway im just pointing out how we all know changing the sprockets/ rear tires will offer whatever change in any quad for your needs and stock size on back suits me fine for now, however we dont hear much about front tire size changes making a difference (if it even does)

yfzrider45
03-25-2008, 04:57 PM
yeah, myne is the "super black" one......its 7500 or 7600 i forgot, but yeah, i'll post pics once i get the tires and hipers on!!:D , i'm also gunna make a video of me kicking it in reverse to show up the other 450's:p