View Full Version : Plastic vibrating/resonating?

alping45
03-23-2008, 03:49 PM
I just bought an '07 400ex yesterday and absolutely love it other than the fact that something vibrates like crazy when the engine is revving higher. It seems to be the plastic around the gas tank, not sure but whatever it is its driving me nuts. I can't even hear the motor its so loud. Is this common? Is there something that might be loose that I can tighten? Has anyone found a good solution to this?

my88r
03-23-2008, 04:17 PM
have you checked to see if the plastic is loose. or checked over every bolt.???

bearair
03-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I just purchased a new '07 about 3 weeks ago. I took all the plastic off when I was re-jetting the carb and modifying the airbox. Make sure the plastic pins are fully seated, and make sure the mounting bolts are fully tightened for the support brackets. A couple of mine were loose, and they also didn't feel like they were threaded very well. Make sure all the mounting tabs line up where the plastic pieces connect also. Several pieces slide together at one point and then push together with a plastic pin into a rubber bushing at another.

Basically, take it apart and put it back together! Oh, and check the plastic piece that the key goes in. It buzzed on mine quite a bit at first.

alping45
03-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Ok, I've got a pipe and jet kit on the way, when I go to rejet the carb I will go ahead and tear everything down and make sure everything is snug & tight.
Thanks for the response.:)