PDA

View Full Version : Got back from the ER today @ 5am

Rootar
03-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Yesterday about 3:20 inthe afternoon, we had been riding all day, and i was coming up to a 45 foot double on the track, that isnt really that big at all and my throttle lever broke loose inside the housing. This was right in theface of the jump and i cased it really bad, and since i had no throttle there was no real chance at saving it but i didnt know it and stayed on, only to stick and get thrown as i smashed into the back of the short landing. i remember hitting the landing, and the next thing i remember is laying on the ground and people asking me questions, after laying there a while i got up on my own only thinking i had some roadrash on my back and a busted knee and elbow. i walked back to the trailer and my buddies brought my hybrid back over to the trailer and told me about the throttle lever. i layed in the trailer awhile and my gf cleaned up the burns on my back. then i got all loaded up and watched everyone ride while before we left about 7:30, about half way home my back started to hurt so bad i couldnt stand it, and i had to pull off the road twice. when i did get home at 10:00 i could barely get out of my truck and i made it down to the house where my parents saw this 3rd butt cheek (thats how big it was) in the middle of my lower back, so we went to the ER and after runnning the 1st xrays standing up (i couldnt lay down) they thought for sure i had fractured two of my vertibrate and they wanted to do the xray laying down since the swelling was so bad they just wanted to make SURE and LUCKILY they were wrong and the Xray laying down showed i had nothing broken, i had torn an extensive amount of tissue in my back......I was never more happy to hear that some one was wrong lol, i was so relieved so after they cleaned out the burns on my back :scary: they gave me this white cream that we have to put on the hump twice a day and its supposed to make the swelling go down and help the tissue heal faster (it also makes masty green goo ooze out of my skin which is sick). but anyways we got home at 5am this mourning and i have to walk with a cane, i cant bend over to even put socks on, im supposed to be back to normal in 4-6 weeks depending on how careful am and how much i stay off my feet.

here the sick pictures i know you guys wanna see. the hump stuck out almost 2 INCHES and was about 6x7 inches in size.

Pappy
03-23-2008, 02:44 PM
ouch! guess it is good news however, as you know it could have been a differnt story for sure.

cody said he wants pizza, but he will pass on that!

BlaineKaiser450
03-23-2008, 02:49 PM
ouch! that mustavew sucked so bad to have your throttle break on the lip of a jump

trx400EXtreme
03-23-2008, 03:36 PM
DANG. that looks painfull. glad to see it's nothing too serious.

NPelletier
03-23-2008, 04:34 PM
i had a similar thing happen to me, my first time on a track, i was going too fast and hit the table top, my feet left the pegs so when i landed it through me off the side. when i landed on the ground i landed on my back androlled down, i had a very similar bruise in the same spot, and theres still a little bump on the bottom of my back, from 3 years ago..

dpizz450
03-23-2008, 05:07 PM
damn man. looks pretty rough. hope for a speedy recovery and hope ur back on the quad in no time. what kinda cream did they give you? it wouldnt happen to be called something like silverdine or iodine or something like that huh?

KXRida
03-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Hunch back eh'? haha j/k man glad to hear you didn't break anything. What cream did they give you? That nasty stuff that is oozing out is all the fluid in that hump. Sick isn't it? haha

Get better bro

Rootar
03-23-2008, 05:38 PM
i dunno what it is it starts with a C and it stinks and i can only put it on once every 12 hours or it will burn my skin??? i would go get it but its in the kitchen and im in my room and it hurt something serious to even get up and go in there.

ughh im dreading taking a shower

03-23-2008, 06:10 PM
good lord ross you werent kidding when you said it looked like a third *** cheek! damn that sucks man. hope you have a speedy recovery.

KXRida
03-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
i dunno what it is it starts with a C and it stinks and i can only put it on once every 12 hours or it will burn my skin??? i would go get it but its in the kitchen and im in my room and it hurt something serious to even get up and go in there.

if you can sit, try putting a little chair in the shower if it's big enough. It'll work wonders. Also... GET help getting out of the shower if you need it. I've fallen so many times getting out of the shower when I was injured and ended up making things worse haha.

416exfreak
03-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
if you can sit, try putting a little chair in the shower if it's big enough. It'll work wonders. Also... GET help getting out of the shower if you need it. I've fallen so many times getting out of the shower when I was injured and ended up making things worse haha.

Yep...broken femur...

Falling out of the shower with 30 some odd staples in your leg is no fun.:(

blacknblue#2
03-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Man i hope you get better soon cause i went through the same thing. I went to the doc when it first happened and they told me i was fine too. About 2 weeks later i couldnt got out of bed. It took that long for a real slow swelling disk to pench a nerve in my back. That happened in may of last year and i had to take last season off so this will be my first season back and i still have slight pains if i use my back for lifting too much. So definitely stay off of it and take it easy. the back is nothing to mess with.

jesseweaver
03-24-2008, 01:20 PM
man that looks pretty bad. it could have been a lot worse though. today I was at the track and theres a high 65 foot double that i overshot and landed completley flat and my head snapped the crossbar. yea well, i hope your feelin better.

bwamos
03-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Rootar

I'm thinking....
Hot Nurse + Sponge

KXRida
03-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
I'm thinking....
Hot Nurse + Sponge

haha whoa bro, I'm going to school to be a nurse haha. They don't use spoonges anymore.

You want a catheter? :ermm:

Rootar
03-24-2008, 04:58 PM
haha the nurse that scrubed the dirt outta my back was a guy and i was ready to toss him an elbow when he started scrubing the burn in the middle of my back i swore he was touching the bone it hurt so bad.

and i think ill pass on the catheter...lol :rolleyes:

im gonna take me another lortap pill and get loopy on the couch :p cant deny im diggin the meds they got me on, at college today i was day dreaming of cartoon dragons, smurfs, and talking dogs:confused: i was trippin

J//FLY
03-24-2008, 06:03 PM
just one of those things u cant prevent.
but ouch hope u get better soon