PDA

View Full Version : Keeping electric start on Pred90 w/ Hetrick pipe

FMF450R
03-23-2008, 01:53 PM
I just found out that I may not be able to keep the electric start AFTER installing a Hetrick pipe on my '05 Pred 90. What has anyone done to try to keep the electric start? Anyone make a new battery box? Can I use a smaller battery? wrap the pipe with the heat wrap? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I was not told of this before buying the pipe! I knew about removing the oil injection, but that was it. Since my nephew(and Girlfriend) are the ones riding it, I dont want them to kick start it. Too much of a pain in the *****. Hitting the switch is idiot proof & easy. He is NOT racing it, just playing on trails & I use it as a pit bike when racing my streetbke.

Again, any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Blazer25
03-23-2008, 04:20 PM
My daughter's old quad was a 2005 Predator and she was able to keep her electric start with her hetrick pipe. I know that Hetrick does recommend removing the electric start, but i dont see any reason why you couldnt keep yours.

FMF450R
03-23-2008, 08:02 PM
I hope so, otherwise I am going to be really, really pissed. I just hope I can get some more input on this.

oldschool327
03-24-2008, 12:54 AM
If you purchased the one for a 2005 with reverse you will have no problems. We have one and it worked perfect.

kylie'spitcrew
03-24-2008, 07:51 AM
We have an 05 e-ton 70 with a kool kids pipe. I was told that the battery box need to be removed. I biult a battery box out of aluminum and relocated it farther back. It may not look as good but you don't have to kick start it for them. I can e-mail you pics if you need me to. Good luck

FMF450R
03-24-2008, 08:43 AM
It's the '05 w/ reverse. Reverse is such a beautiful thing for him, -lol.

Please forward pics to my email ANAUMOV@HOTMAIL.COM , thanx again.

markvette
03-24-2008, 10:50 AM
billy holt at wrh racing has some aluminum air boxes just for this.

Mark