PDA

View Full Version : TC Racing/Supertrapp Exhaust for the 450!!

baldwinmx450r
03-23-2008, 01:24 PM
I just returned from Tom Carlson's house (TC Racing Engines) where we just finished buiding and testing the new TCR exhaust system. It's going to be a slip on system (the stock headers are a good length, actually they are an inch long) Anyway, the system will retail for around the ballpark of around $450.00

It is not a right side mount, nor a center mount. We found we get the most power if the exhaust is placed catty-corner under the subframe. It looks pretty trick.

We also made some modifications to the intake/airbox.

The power from this setup is unbelievable, after some jetting, and needle changes this bike rips! Tom doesn't think we are going to need to any engine work and still be competitive in the A/pro-am At nationals. He was very impressed with the motor.

Thats all for now. If you want more info about the pipe call tom at 814-723-3514 They are not into production right now but he may be able to working something out for you.

(I won't have pictures until next weekend when I get home.)

spanky101
03-23-2008, 05:03 PM
great to hear man! i really wanna see some pictures! and happy easter man! 450 for just a slip on seems a bit steep imo tho... but that its not center nor side mount is a plus.

SSJEFF
03-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Pictures?

Polaris 450MXR
04-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Have you got any pics with the exhaust yet?

Bradracer18
04-07-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm pissed this has no pictures....lol. That pipe going cornered like that sounds very cool!!! Hurry up with the pics!!!!! Any chance for a dyno vs stock???

baldwinmx450r
04-07-2008, 05:27 PM
No dyno sheets give me your email and i'll email you the pic, you can resize it and post

spanky101
04-07-2008, 08:00 PM
ross, you can email it to me and i will be sure to post it up. my email is speeddemon@zoominternet.net

Outlaw 50
04-08-2008, 05:28 AM
http://i28.tinypic.com/9ktr2a.gif

baldwinmx450r
04-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Chill out everyone, I just emailed spanky the pics, I just don't have the time to resize them This pipes rips!!
-rd13

spanky101
04-08-2008, 01:37 PM
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg289/speeddemon069/P3290104.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg289/speeddemon069/P3290105.jpg

That pipe looks great! and im sure Tom did he legwork on this to make it a good pipe!

baldwinmx450r
04-08-2008, 02:54 PM
thanks for posting the pics for everyone. Work on the phone is that everything should be in before practice on friday at ballance, I may be able to get everyone more pictures then

Polaris 450MXR
04-08-2008, 04:24 PM
That picture must have been before the airbox got cut? did you just cut the bottom off? Have you ridden it since curios how the dust issues will be with the bottom cut off. Looks like it made just about 48hp on the dyno sheet from TC's web site. That was like a 10hp increase. Wow

baldwinmx450r
04-08-2008, 04:42 PM
We left the bottom of the intake in tact. modified the front of the intake just below the center, sides, and the front of the filter, this is where it draws the majority of the air. There is no reason to remove the bottom, it won't do anymore than what we have allready removed. This way it will be easy to tape it all up in the event of a mud race.

As far as dust is concerned. I have yet to ride it in super dusty conditions. Personally I am not concerned, as i change my filters after every moto and practice session. and I oil the sides of my airbox as well.

What you guys running for filters. I have yet to find anything other than direct clamp ons for the carb, and stock.

Polaris 450MXR
04-08-2008, 05:34 PM
I ordered two complete filter setups. I figured thet it would be easier to change the whole thing on rece day. I will have two spares so that I can remove the two wing nuts and drop the clean one in take the dirty one clean it and still have one all dry and ready! The carb boot seems that it will be a little restrictive but no answer on how to fix that. Maybe someone will come up with an aftermarket air box that will fix that. I am realy ready to ride on the dirt again. Another thing that is poorly set up is the swingarm chain guide. It should be made of a Plastic material rather than the rubber. I derailed my chain last year while in third place. Boo. Make sure those two screws that hold it on are tight!

Good luck at the wpsa's. I am really excited that they will be here in maine! I have not been to Hemonds but rumer is that is one of the best tracks in the North East! May 11th is a RMR race there if you could make it, it might be a good preview!