PDA

View Full Version : engine bogging

badflsh42o
03-23-2008, 01:14 PM
i have a 2004 450r and just recently my engine bogs out when i try gunnin it from lower speeds but if i get off the throttle real quick i hit it again its like it never happened. does anyone think they know whats wrong w it and how i can stop it from boggin out

bwamos
03-24-2008, 11:07 AM
1st question.

Are you doing this while riding under load? Or when in neutral at a stand still. All carbureted quads will bog out if you slam the throttle when it's in neutral or the clutch pulled in.

If it's under load, have you added anyhting that will change the air flow? (exhaust, filter, airbox lid, etc..)

Sounds like you're possibly running lean somewhere.

03-26-2008, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
1st question.

Are you doing this while riding under load? Or when in neutral at a stand still. All carbureted quads will bog out if you slam the throttle when it's in neutral or the clutch pulled in.

Why is that? I run an Elderbrok carb on my 400ex and mine does exactly that but I thought it was running lean. As you say it never does it under load. Can you explain this?

bwamos
03-26-2008, 07:08 AM
Yea, it's pretty simple.

You don't change throttle position nearly as fast when actually riding.

If you did, you'd either kill the motor or have road rash on your butt. ;)

Real world riding your throttle position change is a lot smoother and generally not nearly as fast.

03-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Cheers buddy.