PDA

View Full Version : ITP Trac loc or Pro loc

pitdawg
03-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Im lookin into getting some new rear beadlocks. Anyone have any opinions on the ITP Trac loc or Pro loc? Is there a reason to get one over the other?

BLU82
03-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Bump, I've been wondering the same.:D

ADTR14
03-23-2008, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't get ITPs they bend and break really easily. I had the Bajas and GPs and went through a couple rear sets. Then i bought Douglas and havent had any problems. Or if you have the money get hipers a lot of people like them.

pitdawg
03-24-2008, 04:50 PM
I actually have hipers and havent been real happy with them thats why Im lookin for new wheels.

TRXRacer1
03-24-2008, 06:22 PM
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the trac-loc's are just T-9s on the inner side where the Pro-Loc's have the Baja reinforcement ring on the inner side.

I've destroyed 4 stock rear wheels and it was always on the inner side. I wouldn't dream of putting a trac-loc on my machine because from what I can see there is no added inner protection. I currently run the Baja wheels that have reinforcement rings on both inner and out but no bead lock. They're holding up quite well. I'd say you want the Pro-loc's if you want proper protection.

FYI, I know the Hipers aren't all they're "cracked" up to be too.

jacobw
03-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by pitdawg
I actually have hipers and havent been real happy with them thats why Im lookin for new wheels.

so why are you not liking your hipers i have had 3 sets and they are much better than any aluminum wheel you can buy

pudamac12
03-25-2008, 02:46 PM
get the douglas shamrock's over any itp rim. They egg a lot easier (and yes I always have mine tight) then others and bend a lot easier also.

pitdawg
03-25-2008, 11:16 PM
I specifically want the ITP's because I can get them in black. I know Douglas are nice but honestly Ive bent a ton of wheels ITP and Douglas.. just a wear n tear item I guess. TO answer the iper question.. I think theyre junk! Ive cracked them so many times its a joke! sure they look nice but thats it! Right now I bet I can go out and count 10 cracks in my wheels not the rings but the wheels... I dont think theyre better than any aluminum beadlock not even close!

jacobw
03-26-2008, 12:08 AM
if you cracked them why dont you do yourself a favor and call hiper and get them to replace the wheel and if you cracked the wheel maybe it was either a defect or just plain stupidity, i have had 3 sets and hit my fair share of trees rocks etc and never had one problem, that is the thing about hipers you can replace one part and not the whole wheel and if you are breaking hipers you are gonna be replacing aluminum wheels left and right, so and they dont offer the warranty hiper does

pitdawg
03-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Not sure what you mean by "just plain stupidity".. I use the wheels for there intended purpose-- riding! I dont drop them off a building! I race motorcross, some desert and ride the dunes a lot. I ride hard but I feel the hipers are not up to par. Mine are less then a year old and Ive already replaced pieces of them. Not worth it Im not spending a dime more on hipers!

jacobw
03-26-2008, 09:54 PM
there are many pro riders that ride a hell ova lot hard that you and me and they dont break thier hipers wheels if you need and example chris borich ,bill ballance, the list goes on if they can ride them without any issue then maybe you have a defect or i mean by stupidity it not running enough air pressure and the wheel it taking the blunt of the force when the tire should be and if they are less them a year old maybe you should get them to send you a new wheel or parts in that not what the warranty if for if you are complaining and bashing when you can send them back for replacement then you should just quit your whining when they will fix the problem you just dont want to take the time to have them fix it

TRXRacer1
03-27-2008, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by jacobw
you should just quit your whining when they will fix the problem you just dont want to take the time to have them fix it Dude, do some research. I think you're being oddly tough here. Hipers do crack if you ride hard enough, this isn't some new development that pitdawg is pioneering. I know they've come along way since day one but dollar for dollar they're still the poor choice. IDK if they've dramatically changed in the last year but the last set I played with were heavier then the Douglas anyway. I see where you're coming from a little, I mean if they were given to me I'd run them too. In all honesty they're a bit of a novelty item and if someone wants them that's great but as far as smart consumerism goes, people should look past them.

pitdawg
03-27-2008, 11:12 AM
AMEN!!! TRXRacer1! Thanks you sir! First off Im not whining at all or bashing Im stating MY opnion on the Hipers IVE had bad experience with... All Im saying is that I wont buy another set PERIOD!!! Of course you love them your sponsered by them, and so are the pro riders you listed. You think theyre gonna advertise it everytime a pro cracks a hiper? you think im the only one thats had issues with them? Get real and do some research. BTW I was asking about the ITP Traclocks or Prolocks not debating about hipers! So keep using them I dont care, Im not getting anymore hipers thats my deal!

dustin_j
03-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Not wanting to create/continue an argument, but remember many pros run aluminum rims without issues :)

pitdawg
03-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Agreed

kodymx13
03-27-2008, 08:39 PM
if your flat spotting wheels run more air. or your jumping way to big of stuff with stock shocks. i understand hitting a tree or another quad but if you broke a stock wheel somethings wrong!!! ive seen friends that are pro am riders run stock wheels for practice. 5 years on a wheel.

everybody has there own opinion......

jonboy
03-28-2008, 02:08 AM
Look into the OMF Beadlocks, they have several different styles and offer anodized rings in a few colors. I'm running some new black centers, polished wheels, and green rings this year. Plus I like the way the new ones look.

pitdawg
03-28-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm not running stock wheels or shocks. I run elka quadruple rate long travel with lonestar dc-4 arms and currently run either my hiper dual beadlocks or an old set of douglas beadlocks... I was just lookin for opinions on the two fdifferent ITP beadlocks, not much info on the new traclocks.