View Full Version : kick start/electric start?

BiDo
03-23-2008, 09:12 AM
I got a GYTR kick start converter on my bike and you know works fine and all, kicks my bike up 1st to 2nd time, when its not hot. After trying to kick my bike up after its warmed up and hot is a soab. I have the starter motor in the garage and just wanted to see if i can use kick start and electric start? if so, what would i need, thanks.

raceready12
03-23-2008, 11:26 AM
I have both the GYTR kicker and electric start on my and I didnt have to change a thing. All you have to do with your electric start is bolt it all back on.

jshtex
03-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by BiDo
I got a GYTR kick start converter on my bike and you know works fine and all, kicks my bike up 1st to 2nd time, when its not hot. After trying to kick my bike up after its warmed up and hot is a soab. I have the starter motor in the garage and just wanted to see if i can use kick start and electric start? if so, what would i need, thanks.

I have a friend who has both on his quad and sometimes he uses them both at the same time.

But you might just want to add the hot start kit to your bike, and that would probably take care of your problems.

tylerjarosz
03-23-2008, 04:56 PM
I've heard that hotstart is a waste of money.

BiDo
03-23-2008, 05:49 PM
thanks all, just wanted to make sure if it is possible to use both before i waste my time. Thanks, if i can't get the electric start to work, il look into a decompression lever.

jshtex
03-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by BiDo
thanks all, just wanted to make sure if it is possible to use both before i waste my time. Thanks, if i can't get the electric start to work, il look into a decompression lever.

FYI the hotstart connects to the carb and does it's job by changing the air fuel ratio nothing to do with compression. The decompressor on the YFZ is attached to the end of the exhaust cam and works automatically.

As for it (hot start) working or not, as I said we don't run it on our yfz, my buddy does and I really don't know if he uses it or not. But I can say for sure that my son uses it on the 450r he races currently and it works. They both work the same (yfz, 450r).

Good luck with yours.