PDA

View Full Version : PA Riders, Need feedback and Ideas!!!

NEPA250R
03-23-2008, 08:28 AM
After the release of the disappointing AGP schedule, I decided to make a few phone calls. I am good friends with a local (Scranton, PA) landscaper that is in the process of opening a MC/Quad facility. He is an XC/MX racer that has raced many D6/AGP events. He has a couple of years and a lot of money invested into this facility so far. Most importantly, he has some interested investors (millionaires) lined up that are passionate about offroading.
So far, what they have in mind is the following: Indoor/Outdoor MX, Outdoor XC, Restaraunt, and Work Shop (possible dealership). They are looking to provide a family oriented facility that would include riding/racing for kids also. The facility will most likely be located on Bell Mountain, PA (Dickson City, Scranton). Bell Mtn. is the opposite mountain of Moosic Mtn. (Dunmore, North American Warhorse) in the Lackawanna Valley of PA. Bell Mountain is nearly identical to Moosic Mountain as far as terrain is concerned. I am sure that they are intending to hold AMA sanctioned events there (local, regional, national). The facility would be easily accessible from Interstate 81 to PA Route 6.
What I need is, a show of support, and any feedback/ideas that you all may have. I plan on meeting with my friend sometime this week and will let him know what you all think.
Just as a point of interest, I have known about this for at least two years, but I have not been able to dedicate myself financially (especially with marriage in the near future). I have a lot of pride about the area that I live in, and I am very tired about the thousands of acres of unused land going to waste (legally), and would like very much to see many people enjoy it. So please, give any feedback or ideas that you have in mind, and ask any questions that you may have!!!

Stevie-D
03-23-2008, 08:57 AM
im on the opposite side of the mountain from you. i used to ride up on moosic mountain all the time, both on the quads and in the trucks. the resevoirs up there are beautiful. went camping up there quite a few times also. would definately be nice to see a place actually designated for riding out that way.

denaples wouldn't happen to have a hand in this would he??

HondaEXrider22
03-23-2008, 09:26 AM
I am definatly interested. I live right outside of Hazleton. I would actually know a bunch of people interested. I can names about 10-15 who would go.

chevy
03-23-2008, 10:05 AM
sounds like an awesome plan. i love the area and im glad to c the land being put to good use.

quadracer707
03-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Same here, I know about 10 - 15 guys that would probably go. Only 1 1/2 hours for us. Make sure they just dont build baby tracks for big quads or no one will come. Our area needs more places to ride & race. I know it is a big investment, hope it goes well & the people around there let them build it. Keep us posted.

Ken
Wade & Coltons Dad

LeGaCyGiAnT124
03-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Me and my family would definantly be interested. We are looking for closer places to ride. How far would it before from the general pittsburgh area?

NEPA250R
03-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
im on the opposite side of the mountain from you. i used to ride up on moosic mountain all the time, both on the quads and in the trucks. the resevoirs up there are beautiful. went camping up there quite a few times also. would definately be nice to see a place actually designated for riding out that way.

denaples wouldn't happen to have a hand in this would he??
Yes, that area is beautiful. I specifically asked my friend to include Moosic Mtn. (NA Warhorse, DeNaples) into his plan, and he wants no part of it. His fear is that the DeNaples will lease him the land and then pull it out from under him in the future. Unfortunately, If anyone is planning to ride the DeNaples land LEGALLY, then contact Dale at the AGP or the DeNaples themselves.

KXRida
03-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by quadracer707
Same here, I know about 10 - 15 guys that would probably go. Only 1 1/2 hours for us. Make sure they just dont build baby tracks for big quads or no one will come. Our area needs more places to ride & race. I know it is a big investment, hope it goes well & the people around there let them build it. Keep us posted.

Ken
Wade & Coltons Dad

Pa has a lot of tracks. What district you run? I have about 20 tracks within a 2-3 hour drive from me.

We could always use more riding area's. The indoor stuff would be a big hit in the winter for sure. NEMX isn't that great anymore, atleast I didn't think so. It's a place to ride, that's about it.

I'd probably make a few trips down, but would the track be built more for bikes or quads? Either one would be good for me.

LT250_JOE
03-23-2008, 06:39 PM
:macho

my88r
03-23-2008, 06:43 PM
best of luck to you. i think your going to need it.:)

Seano300ex
03-23-2008, 07:39 PM
I would definitly be up there riding with my buddys, pa has the best places to ride. good luck NEPA250R

wantablaster
03-23-2008, 07:50 PM
I live in Scranton and would be very interested in this, keep us updated.

jesseweaver
03-23-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm 2 hours away from scranton, but i'd be up there if the tracks were nice. make sure you make them quad-friendly and take care of them. you should have like a tight, technical, smaller indoor supercross-type track and then a wide open, huge air outdoor mx track. do you already have the land? if so how many acres do you have or are planning on getting?

jesseweaver
03-23-2008, 08:53 PM
and dont let the bikes take it over, thats happening a lot around here. they're starting to make seperate quad tracks and they usually suck

KXRida
03-24-2008, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
and dont let the bikes take it over, thats happening a lot around here. they're starting to make seperate quad tracks and they usually suck

Rocket is only letting quads run sundays I believe, which is probably a good thing up there because they are not quad crazy and it seems like when bikes and quads are on the same track things go nuts. I guess you'll have to switch to a bike? j/k

I have noticed that tracks do favor bikes, but you gotta remember they ususally do get a lot bigger of a turn out than quads, so I guess it's like quads are the minority.

jesseweaver
03-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
Rocket is only letting quads run sundays I believe, which is probably a good thing up there because they are not quad crazy and it seems like when bikes and quads are on the same track things go nuts. I guess you'll have to switch to a bike? j/k

I have noticed that tracks do favor bikes, but you gotta remember they ususally do get a lot bigger of a turn out than quads, so I guess it's like quads are the minority.

last year it was quads only on saturdays and bikes both days, they didn't change it did they?

i'll be up there for the first quad race april 26 and 27

KXRida
03-24-2008, 03:37 PM
I could've swore that they did bikes sat, then bikes/quads sunday. I remember going up a few times on a saturday. Regardless they really cut down the quads running up there. I'm not sure if they let them run during the week.

edit: I reread your post and saw that you said bikes ran both days. I think it was sunday, but maybe the quads ran saturday.

quadracer707
03-24-2008, 06:18 PM
last year it was quads only on saturdays and bikes both days, they didn't change it did they?

i'll be up there for the first quad race april 26 and 27

Holy signatures Batman :confused:

XXX -rider
03-25-2008, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by NEPA250R
After the release of the disappointing AGP schedule, I decided to make a few phone calls. I am good friends with a local (Scranton, PA) landscaper that is in the process of opening a MC/Quad facility. He is an XC/MX racer that has raced many D6/AGP events. He has a couple of years and a lot of money invested into this facility so far. Most importantly, he has some interested investors (millionaires) lined up that are passionate about offroading.
So far, what they have in mind is the following: Indoor/Outdoor MX, Outdoor XC, Restaraunt, and Work Shop (possible dealership). They are looking to provide a family oriented facility that would include riding/racing for kids also. The facility will most likely be located on Bell Mountain, PA (Dickson City, Scranton). Bell Mtn. is the opposite mountain of Moosic Mtn. (Dunmore, North American Warhorse) in the Lackawanna Valley of PA. Bell Mountain is nearly identical to Moosic Mountain as far as terrain is concerned. I am sure that they are intending to hold AMA sanctioned events there (local, regional, national). The facility would be easily accessible from Interstate 81 to PA Route 6.
What I need is, a show of support, and any feedback/ideas that you all may have. I plan on meeting with my friend sometime this week and will let him know what you all think.
Just as a point of interest, I have known about this for at least two years, but I have not been able to dedicate myself financially (especially with marriage in the near future). I have a lot of pride about the area that I live in, and I am very tired about the thousands of acres of unused land going to waste (legally), and would like very much to see many people enjoy it. So please, give any feedback or ideas that you have in mind, and ask any questions that you may have!!!

build it & we will come !:)
....as long as we are treated right & dont go broke riding/racing there ;)

jesseweaver
03-25-2008, 04:45 AM
yea like rausch creek. you go broke riding there, how much is it for a day now?

KXRida
03-25-2008, 01:23 PM
yea like rausch creek. you go broke riding there, how much is it for a day now?

WORD!

Anymore, if I track is over $20-25 I usually don't go there very often. Not worth it to me.

NEPA250R
03-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
Pa has a lot of tracks. What district you run? I have about 20 tracks within a 2-3 hour drive from me.

We could always use more riding area's. The indoor stuff would be a big hit in the winter for sure. NEMX isn't that great anymore, atleast I didn't think so. It's a place to ride, that's about it.

I'd probably make a few trips down, but would the track be built more for bikes or quads? Either one would be good for me.

I mainly race the AGP series and District 6 Harescrambles (and Squaredealriders.com Mud and Snow Scrambles a couple of years ago). I also think that an Indoor MX facility would be great for the winter months of PA.

NEPA250R
03-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by my88r
best of luck to you. i think your going to need it.:)

Me too! So please keep your fingers crossed.

NEPA250R
03-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by wantablaster
I live in Scranton and would be very interested in this, keep us updated.

I should have more information by the end of the week and I will keep you all informed.

NEPA250R
03-26-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm 2 hours away from scranton, but i'd be up there if the tracks were nice. make sure you make them quad-friendly and take care of them. you should have like a tight, technical, smaller indoor supercross-type track and then a wide open, huge air outdoor mx track. do you already have the land? if so how many acres do you have or are planning on getting?

Just for everyones peace of mind, the brainchild of this proposal is primarily an ATV MX racer (although he also races many XC events). The proposed land depends on if the investors feel this facility will be profitable. I will hopefully know the proposed acreage by the end of the wek, and will keep you updated. Thanks

NEPA250R
03-26-2008, 12:26 AM

I believe ATV's and Motorcycles will both be welcomed at this proposed facility, but whether or not they will be segregated, I can't tell you right now. I am sure that is an issue of priority, and I will definately keep everyone updated.