PDA

View Full Version : PA Need feedback and Ideas!!!

NEPA250R
03-23-2008, 08:25 AM
After the release of the disappointing AGP schedule, I decided to make a few phone calls. I am good friends with a local (Scranton, PA) landscaper that is in the process of opening a MC/Quad facility. He is an XC/MX racer that has raced many D6/AGP events. He has a couple of years and a lot of money invested into this facility so far. Most importantly, he has some interested investors (millionaires) lined up that are passionate about offroading.
So far, what they have in mind is the following: Indoor/Outdoor MX, Outdoor XC, Restaraunt, and Work Shop (possible dealership). They are looking to provide a family oriented facility that would include riding/racing for kids also. The facility will most likely be located on Bell Mountain, PA (Dickson City, Scranton). Bell Mtn. is the opposite mountain of Moosic Mtn. (Dunmore, North American Warhorse) in the Lackawanna Valley of PA. Bell Mountain is nearly identical to Moosic Mountain as far as terrain is concerned. I am sure that they are intending to hold AMA sanctioned events there (local, regional, national). The facility would be easily accessible from Interstate 81 to PA Route 6.
What I need is, a show of support, and any feedback/ideas that you all may have. I plan on meeting with my friend sometime this week and will let him know what you all think.
Just as a point of interest, I have known about this for at least two years, but I have not been able to dedicate myself financially (especially with marriage in the near future). I have a lot of pride about the area that I live in, and I am very tired about the thousands of acres of unused land going to waste (legally), and would like very much to see many people enjoy it. So please, give any feedback or ideas that you have in mind, and ask any questions that you may have!!!

maverrickid
03-23-2008, 09:23 AM
That would be awesome, that location is close to New J, and New Y that would make tons of money. Add camping though, I agree the AGP is lame, Iam thinking of selling all my stuff. D6 is horrible to. Good luck if you need any help PM me. Do you still ride in that area ???

NEPA250R
03-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Camping is an excellent idea! Please send anymore ideas you have, even if they don't necessarily pertain to riding/racing. Thanks!!!

maverrickid
03-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Also set up an area for jeeps, since Paragon they are starving for a place to go. I would start of with trails and camping then move into indoor ideas, (Buildings, indoor tracks) that stuff costs big money.

NEPA250R
03-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Jeeps is a very good idea. I know a bunch of guys that would love that. My only fear is that someone has already tried to appropriate the land that I am talking about for 4X4's and was turned down (I know Paragon was looking).

LT250_JOE
03-23-2008, 06:36 PM
We need more places in PA to ride!!! Paragon was o.k, hated to see it go(f-in politicians).

maverrickid
03-23-2008, 07:13 PM
If jeeps were turned down, how do you expect to get a quad park passed ???????????????

Gibson-Z
03-23-2008, 07:50 PM
:D I think it would be great to have a place to do it all. It would be cool to have timed XC runs and maybe even go fast secrets from some of the local pro's. They could set up a quad shop with skilled mechanics to set up suspension and tune engines. You could offer that free with a 1 year membership or to anyone for a small fee.

NEPA250R
03-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by maverrickid
If jeeps were turned down, how do you expect to get a quad park passed ???????????????

I believe that I was misinformed about this particular piece of land by a zealous Jeep owner that was in love with Paragon. I think that once he realized that Paragon moved to Indiana (which I informed him about), and he had nowhere to offroad locally, he figured that Bell Mountain wasn't good enough for himself (which would be currently illegal) and Paragon. I can tell you, that as far as my knowledge, 4X4 has not been suggested for this proposal, but it has been mentioned to me, and I will bring it up as an addition to the rest of the facility. Then it will be up to the investors to decide.

NEPA250R
03-26-2008, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Gibson-Z
:D I think it would be great to have a place to do it all. It would be cool to have timed XC runs and maybe even go fast secrets from some of the local pro's. They could set up a quad shop with skilled mechanics to set up suspension and tune engines. You could offer that free with a 1 year membership or to anyone for a small fee.

I have been told that a Repair/Tune shop (possible dealership) has been proposed. To me, that makes a perfect sense considering that a Honda Certified Mechanic graduate of the American Motorcycle Institute (Daytona), with years of experience, is almost certainly going to be offered the job of managing the shop (my hypothesis). As far as membership benefits, I will most certainly inform them of anyone's ideas, so please keep them coming!

jtquad
03-26-2008, 06:54 AM
Our Club is located on the PA border about 15 minutes from Honesdale. We have over 650 Members on our site and will back this 100%. We used to ride carbondale 10 years ago but not so much since the cops are out all the time. - JT www.nyatvonline.com

NEPA250R
03-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by jtquad
Our Club is located on the PA border about 15 minutes from Honesdale. We have over 650 Members on our site and will back this 100%. We used to ride carbondale 10 years ago but not so much since the cops are out all the time. - JT www.nyatvonline.com

Excellent. In the meantime, I will be checking out your website, because I am not far from your club.

jtquad
03-27-2008, 05:55 AM
I go to the auto auction on keiser ave in scranton all the time. Hit up entermains as well on the way home lol - JT

deathman53
03-27-2008, 03:45 PM
wow, that scheldule is bad. It seams that 3/4 of the events are at L.E.H. Grand Prix #, L.E.H. NJ, little egg harbor. It pretty close for me, I will be going to them. The other ones are west pa, northwest ny and the other place isn't far from little egg harbor.

NEPA250R
03-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
wow, that scheldule is bad. It seams that 3/4 of the events are at L.E.H. Grand Prix #, L.E.H. NJ, little egg harbor. It pretty close for me, I will be going to them. The other ones are west pa, northwest ny and the other place isn't far from little egg harbor.

Actually, I have raced Little Egg Harbor, and I did enjoy it. I am just upset that the AGP started out with such a variety (and new) locations to race. Since the release of the schedule, and some time to calm down, I have realized that it is a good thing that Dale has established an offroad park in Jersey. Although I would really like to see some more variety to the series since it is called the ATLANTIC Grand Prix (and not the NEW JERSEY Grand Prix).

deathman53
03-27-2008, 05:13 PM
what???? An off-road park opened on weekends and maybe weekdays during the summer???? Thats awesome news for NJ, the only off-road park www.njorvp.org is closing in september. An info on this off-road park? Need reg/ins, tracks, trails, 3 wheelers allowed?