PDA

View Full Version : Pell City, AL

cheatermtrsprts
03-23-2008, 06:45 AM
Are any of you guys going this weekend? I will be there with a couple of my riders and would like to see who is going to be there.

Happy Easter to everyone!

WRH- Billy, are you going to be there?

chuck21
03-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Hey man, I wish I could take Brandon but we have a FTR woods race this saturday. You guys will represent florida very well. Let us know how it turns out. chuck...........

cheatermtrsprts
03-23-2008, 08:44 AM
I wish Brandon could go, he's hard to beat!

markvette
03-23-2008, 10:01 AM
i saw in another post where billy said he would be there. dont think his son riley is racing. i think billy is going to support his riders plus it is not far from him since he lives in alabama.

Mark

racer999
03-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Good Luck in AL. We will try and have a bike ready for one of the other races. Don't forget need $$$ amount on one of the bikes.

*****CHEATERS*****

drr5
03-24-2008, 11:04 AM
racer999 aka the shoe bomber!

racer999
03-24-2008, 11:33 AM
What's up Pat? Trying to get Mariah a production bike ready. Just trying to figure out the best way to go about it. Cheaters has his that he raced and Joe's old one no motor. Buy one of these and go from there or buy a new DRR and go that route. She will still race the blue bike at Dade City.

drr5
03-24-2008, 01:04 PM
keep her on the same platform drr , keeps them comfortable from not switching from different quads, plus you always have backup parts available. are you going to pell city?

racer999
03-24-2008, 01:09 PM
We are going to sit this one out. I don't think we are ready just yet and I want to have the production bike when we go. Maybe Cheaters has a good used one or a real good price on a new one.

racer999
03-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Stock DRR

miniquad
03-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Have a friend that is trying to go but a certain shop down south has his motor after a failed attempt to fix it at one of the last ssqsa races using a used piston and shattered it after one practice ruining a ported cylinder and crank. He is trying to bandaid his practice bike together to go. All that was wrong with the other bike originally was the tether.

cheatermtrsprts
03-25-2008, 08:52 PM
The information you have posted is incorrect.
1) the piston was brand new
2) the engine was not repaired at an SSQSA event
3) the cylinder work and crank were done elsewhere
4) the reason the piston was changed was that the bike had 120 pounds of compression and the rings showed visible signs of wear. During the trouble shooting process we found that the stator was bad along with one supplied by the customer. Also during the process and the wiring harness being removed, the tether switch was not even hooked up to the electrical system to rule out something simple like that. At the last race the customer attended, the tether was found to have an intermittant problem, therefor it was replaced.
5) and further more my shop is central florida, not down south
If there are any questions I am easily contacted.

miniquad
03-25-2008, 09:43 PM
First of all central Florida is south of North Florida and any other state north of Florida I checked it on the map. The piston you took out was a single ring piston not built for compression but built to turn rpm's. 120 psi of compression is plenty for an engine to run. If a bike doesn't run the first thing I check for is fuel,then spark,and then compression. Not compression first. I hope you stand behind your work because it ruined a ported cylinder. Also the work was performed without the owners permission while he was watching his daughters race. After all that, the bike still would not run. It ended up being tether. SSQSA events require tech inspection so the tether must have been hooked up to pass inspection. I hope you make it right.

bulldogfallon
03-26-2008, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by miniquad
First of all central Florida is south of North Florida and any other state north of Florida I checked it on the map. The piston you took out was a single ring piston not built for compression but built to turn rpm's. 120 psi of compression is plenty for an engine to run. If a bike doesn't run the first thing I check for is fuel,then spark,and then compression. Not compression first. I hope you stand behind your work because it ruined a ported cylinder. Also the work was performed without the owners permission while he was watching his daughters race. After all that, the bike still would not run. It ended up being tether. SSQSA events require tech inspection so the tether must have been hooked up to pass inspection. I hope you make it right.

First off...Why don't you identify who you are.. If you know so much then maybe you should have been at the race to save the day since none of us idiots can fix a quad....

There were many hands on that quad and the tethered was checked and bypassed at points...the problem didn't jump out at you like in many circumstances.

The whole fuel and ignition system was off....I personally tried to help him....I was trying to sneak a used stator on the quad when he wents get hotdogs. :) (that was for you DRR5)

Secondly--I have never known CMX to take a short cut and use second hand parts...Why would they?

I guess having the top 4 finishers in the SSQSA 90cc class must have come from using bad parts and not being able to keep them running?

Work w/o the owners permission---You really should be quiet at this point......

I love Alex as a brother, but w/o the help he receives at the track he would have missed a lot more races due to this "worked" 90.

Where are you when he needs this help?

If Alex has a problem, then have him say it....Who are you to say anything? Were you there when any of this happened?

Everyone involved with this situation is good people, so I am sure it will be worked out in the end....Alex, Jay/Chad and Dusty all want Cameron out on the track

I am sure CMX will make things right and that is what matters....

racer999
03-26-2008, 06:11 AM
I don't know about the the event that you guys are taking about. What I do know is how good the cheaters people have helped us out at the track. Alot of time they are working on other peoples quads at the track and have no time for thier own kids bikes. Without the Cheaters and G-Force support alot of people would not make the secound moto to alot of races.

Thanks Cheater Motorsports for all the help and Gary for standing behind his product.

Good Luck at Pell this weekend.

ecmini1
03-26-2008, 06:51 AM
WOW!

This forum took a diffrent turn.

Like Gary said we need to help the kids to stay on the track.

This is what the dealer/friend net work is for. I know we would help anyone we can at the races or in the trails. As bulldog and Cheater would do and has done. I hope they feel the same way.
By the sounds of thing it was a part issue which can happen to anyone at anytime.

miniquad is a good guy and friend of both parties and I believe sticking up for his friend.

Its hard for a business to be at every race to support all the racers
We personally have some racers that race TT, MX, Flat track and XC and we bounce around to help suport everyone. This is tough to try to be all things to all people.

Guys you know you can call on us to help. I hope you feel the same way. With out friends we wouldnt have anything.

Remember its about the kids.

wrhracing
03-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by cheatermtrsprts

WRH- Billy, are you going to be there?

Sorry the post got off track........ I must be in the North part of the country. PHEW! Dodged another bullet.

I am going to observe riders , engines , parents, set ups, riding gear, shocks, etc.

Of course I will not be at the track until Saturday Morning.
Any Hotels/Motels not full close by or should I just camp on site?

Andyman17dad
03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
:D Observing parents is usually more entertaining than watching the races! ;)

wrhracing
03-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Among other things.:D Holiday Inn Express gets my money this time.:D

bulldogfallon
03-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks Billy

We just booked a room

chuck21
03-26-2008, 07:11 PM
I also dont know what event you guys are talking about but all that I can tell you is that cmx has always treated me more than fair. I have seen Dusty work on customer bikes in the pits while his son races!!!! Infact it would be different to see him doing anything else at the races but working on bikes (besides cooking fried pickles ofcourse). Also thank you to Gary, This guy seems to have everything you need to build a new quad with him at the races in his trailer. There alot of people that would not have ran the second moto in alot of cases if it were not for these two guys I greatly thank you for all the help this past season...........Chuck;)

miniquad
03-26-2008, 08:27 PM
First I would like to apoligize to all parties I may have offended. I let my emotions get in the way of the big picture, that being that cmx was trying to help out a fellow rider in time of need. I just know how much Alex's son wants to ride. The chain of events that occured after the repair could have happened to anyone. I am just a friend of both Alex and the guys at ECP and heard the story. Its not my place to even speculate what happened without hearing both sides. I really didn't think I would get much of a response to the first post and got carried away with the second. I have never been to a ssqsa event but would like to. Again I apoligize to all and wish you guys the best of luck this weekend.

cheatermtrsprts
03-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Apology accepted. I actually sent Alex's son out on my stepdaughters DRR 90 because I could not figure his out at the track. If I can't fix something at the track, I usually can come up with something for the kids to ride. It's all about the kids and the enjoyment they get out of this. This is the whole reason I started this business.

wrhracing
03-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by cheatermtrsprts
Apology accepted. I actually sent Alex's son out on my stepdaughters DRR 90 because I could not figure his out at the track. If I can't fix something at the track, I usually can come up with something for the kids to ride. It's all about the kids and the enjoyment they get out of this. This is the whole reason I started this business.

You mean your not getting rich like I am?:muscle:

Just Kidding, sounds like a good ending to the story. I'm worried about when I'm gonna eat next!:D

markvette
03-26-2008, 09:35 PM
:D

dcarter
03-27-2008, 03:54 AM
hey billie and gary.
every one out there i have been ask if i will be at pell city.
to answer that yes I will. i will have some parts for the cvt bikes in the trailer as well as spare parts for my set ups. we have also added a tig welder to the trailer i will be able to weld steel and aluminum at the track i will be adding more parts as the year goes on. i am going to try to help people out as much as i can. one thing i will say welding will not be free not much but not free either. it cost money to run that stuff!!! so if you are out at pell city look us up. dave

drr5
03-27-2008, 06:59 AM
hey billy you can be a track official at the race, as long as your staying at the holiday inn express. lol:D