PDA

View Full Version : loudest pipe?

jarfly
03-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Hey I am in the process of gettin a better pipe for my new quad.
It has a DG on it and it just ant cuttin it. Its a 91 250x bord and strocked out.
I want the loudest pipe with out goin stright pipe..
I want ppl 3 miles away to say what the he** is that comeing.
If you can't hear it befor you see it....whats the point?

Ruby Soho
03-22-2008, 11:21 PM
the point is respect

it gets REALLY annoying when people with extremely loud pipes ride when your busy such as eating dinner or something.

get a pipe that gives gains more then sound

03-23-2008, 12:15 AM
the point is that loud pipes lose riding areas...please sell your quad until you are mature enough to realize this...

jarfly
03-23-2008, 12:30 AM
i wast wantin something extremly lound....something with a good rumble. and the ppl around here do not care.
i relly liked the way my old 400ex sounded w/ the fmf titamiam(sp) 4

03-23-2008, 12:39 AM
which is it, the loudest or not extremely loud?
people do care, you just don't realize it. not only is it the volume, but an alert to your presence...

kawiefan
03-23-2008, 07:40 AM
put a sparks or a hmf

03-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by kawiefan
put a sparks or a hmf

x2

best gains and pretty loud

TRXRacer1
03-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Lexx with the quiet core removed makes for one loud motha....

Nice pipe too

trx400EXtreme
03-23-2008, 09:34 AM
put a sparks or a hmf

AtvMxRider
03-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
the point is that loud pipes lose riding areas...please sell your quad until you are mature enough to realize this... :macho

tete118
03-23-2008, 11:18 AM
dont get something too loud u dont want riding areas 2 get shut down, just get something that rummbles. one of my friends has an hmf and the pipe is no that loud but it lets u know hes there

trail11591
03-23-2008, 12:59 PM
i have an hmf slip on and its pretty loud but not 2 bad and it still gives me good gains

BlaineKaiser450
03-23-2008, 02:54 PM
put a sparks or a hmf

CSR400EX
03-23-2008, 10:19 PM
put a sparks or a hmf
probably the two most popular ive seen for the 300 that actually peforms well. a lot of riders run them in the 300 class around here

bwamos
03-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Aye.. I'm going to be buying the conversion setup for my Sparks pipe w/ the new core and modular endacap w/ quiet core inserts.

shadowwalker
03-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Just be warned that an HMF pipe WITH the quiet core may not be quiet enough to even get in some riding areas if their limit is 96dB (this is saying that they actually test).

03-26-2008, 02:12 PM
yo john, it isn't the neighbors coming over to the house to talk to you....it will be the neighbors calling the cops and going to the "town council" to have noise restrictions put into place. then the anti-atv crowd will jump in and use that area as an example of how atv's are a detriment to society and spew all of their usual garbage. it is your attitude that gets the areas closed down or and all the other bad things we don't want to happen.

why should those who don't want to hear it move? they paid for their home for a reason. atv riders need to respect others in order to get some of the respect we want. notice i did not say deserve, the general attitude of the atv community does not warrant respect as a whole. there are many that that have earned the respect on an individual basis.

bossman525
03-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by John451
If people really give a crap about how loud you're being they can move the heck outa there if they really care. And if they come over just act crazy and pretend you're gona fight them and they'll leave. It's funny. If you wanna go loud, powerful, and, well idk exactly what else. The fmf spark arrestor with the plates is good. I have that on my 300. It's loud, throaty. But I have a big aftermarket header that's 2" instead of the stock 1.5". Loud enough to piss everyone off, quiet enough to go to the trails annd track. there are pipes that can be heard from over a mile. I was at a pit once and there was one about a mile down / across the road and i heard it and it was quiet but i knew it was there. Also, another thing i do is if someone comes over to bother me about my noise i tell them they can buy the pipe for $1000 figuring i could make money and or get them outa my yard.
"act crazy and pretend like your gonna fight them and they'll leave????? if that's what you truly really do, one of these day's you will do it to the wrong person and he or she will punch a few knots in your face. real good advice there dr. phil

03-26-2008, 07:31 PM
my neighbors ride too...but it isn't all about you...we have to think of the atv community as a whole...what one does affects the rest...

REDRIDDER
03-26-2008, 08:26 PM
buy a FMF power core 4 i just put one on a 1991 250x a couple of weeks ago and it sounds great.i got it at Rockymountain.com full system for $269 shipped, they still have a few left you should really look into it.And like bossman525 your gonna get knocked on you acc one day for something you could of prevented.Cause i know id be waiting for someone like you if you woke my daughter up!!!!!

my88r
03-26-2008, 10:32 PM
loud pipes only close the riding areas. :mad:

speedjunkie13
03-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Haha, jk im not really like that but when i do put my loud pipes on it's later in the day when noones around to hear it. I never go anywhere serious with the loud pipe on either, usually just half hour around the track then i take it off.

Too late to save face now, you have already shown how much u seem to enjoy being inconsiderate to others.

John451
03-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by speedjunkie13
Too late to save face now, you have already shown how much u seem to enjoy being inconsiderate to others.

lol. owell. Guess iv watched too many of those so dumb they're kinda almost funny but not really mtv shows. lol.

my88r
03-27-2008, 03:00 PM
lol. owell. Guess iv watched too many of those so dumb they're kinda almost funny but not really mtv shows. lol.

:rolleyes:

atvhonda-rider
03-31-2008, 08:48 PM
wow.. if you want respect, be the first to show it. and i like you're moto on the "pretend to fight and they'll go away". like the others said your gonna get put on your butt one of these days... what goes around comes around bud.

John451
04-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by atvhonda-rider
wow.. if you want respect, be the first to show it. and i like you're moto on the "pretend to fight and they'll go away". like the others said your gonna get put on your butt one of these days... what goes around comes around bud.

People see me and know they don't wana deal with me so they tend to go as they were.

atvhonda-rider
04-01-2008, 07:38 PM
lol... people like you crack me up.

Iliketogofast
04-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Maxwell house. It comes in full system too but I couldn't find the pic.

http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mycoffeecan/can8b.jpg

:cool:

speedy400
04-03-2008, 09:32 PM
i heard the new ticket is to go to the local auto parts store and get that flexy pipe, cut the header off so theres like... 4-5 inches of header sticking out your motor. then attach one end of the flexy pipe to that and run the other near your ears in your helmet, theres a few helmet kits you can get.. some with vents... some without...

John451
04-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by speedy400
i heard the new ticket is to go to the local auto parts store and get that flexy pipe, cut the header off so theres like... 4-5 inches of header sticking out your motor. then attach one end of the flexy pipe to that and run the other near your ears in your helmet, theres a few helmet kits you can get.. some with vents... some without...

Lol, What?

ALAMX37
04-06-2008, 07:34 PM
TC shorty hands down loudest pipe ever made, it will rumble your ears while riding.

BLEEDRED
04-09-2008, 02:29 PM
I haven't posted on this site in over a year and pretty much have lost interest. I came back today because I missed the site that gave me so much help in the past. But now I remember exactly why I left in the first place. Thanks John451.

TCRACING425EX
04-12-2008, 09:41 AM
john and jarfly... you both need to wake up and start your way through puberty. the point of a pipe isnt to be loud but instead gain power, and this can be done without making people go deaf!!!people like you RUIN this sport and makes it harder on everyone to ride, unfairly to those of us that have the respect and decency to car about the other people in the area. i know my exhaust is loud that is why i no longer ride near houses around my property and at unreasonable times. i am a full on quad enthusiast and love the sound of nice exhausts, but it still bothers me when someone rides in front of my house even with a stock pipe when im sitting having dinner. as speedy said BOTH of you should sell your quads until you are mature enough to own one respectfully.

my88r
04-12-2008, 12:01 PM
You can take your quad and quiet pipe and stuff it up ur a.s.s.

HOW OLD ARE YOU:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TCRACING425EX
04-12-2008, 06:00 PM
probably 13 or 14.

kenheehn3
04-12-2008, 10:49 PM
I don't know if you have gotten this yet from what everyone else has said but that is just a dumba** idea to want the "loudest exhaust" because that is why there are no places to ride anymore because of people like you. That's not the point or goal of an aftermarket exhaust, to make it loud, but to make more power.
~Kenny

CSR400EX
04-12-2008, 11:57 PM
just like kenny said, the whole point of an aftermarket exhaust is power and performance, not about pissing your neighbors or others off because of it being too loud. i have a FMF titanium 4 on the way for my hybrid because my hollow pro circuit that came on it was loud enough to annoy myself lol. people like john really need to rethink their territory:rolleyes:

REDRIDDER
04-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by my88r
HOW OLD ARE YOU:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: he's just a 16yr old boy lol....immature at that

crixal
04-13-2008, 08:11 PM
ct racing has a real nice pipe. it has hp gains thru every rpm. dirt wheels said it puts out 102db. it has a real nice humble sound.

John451
04-14-2008, 04:45 PM
I have an fmf spark arrestor one on mine. It has the oval baffle plates. It's quiet when it needs to be and gives a great sounding rumble in the higher rpm's. It gives a great hp gain. The more plates that are in the louder it is and the more top end power there is. I run 12... and the fewer there are the more back pressure and the quieter it is. But you can usually keep it at a dull hum for the yard until around 1/2 throttle then things get crankin. The low end is great with 12... I'll need to recount them though if you end up getting this one.