PDA

View Full Version : Ipod or Zune

Kickstarts-suck
03-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Well I want an MP3 player for my truck. Im getting tired of scratched CDs and too many CDs.

I don't want to spend alot and don't really need alot.

I want either an Ipod Nano 4GB or a Zune 8GB

The Nano is $150
The Zune in $165

The Zune is 8GB compared to the Nanos 4BG.

Any opinions?

pro-rider46
03-22-2008, 09:55 PM
i would get a zune. i heard ipods arent capatable with vista too. and that would force me to get something else. and zunes seem so much nicer, and everyone and their pets have a ipod.

ds450maniac
03-22-2008, 09:55 PM
The iPod nano 4gig for sure. I have a new one that I bought around christmas and it sounds great and the screen is so clear on them. The nano will out last the zune too. I didn't buy a zune because I heard that people were having problems hooking them up to sync the songs on to them since they sync wirelessly and also iTunes is alot easier to understand and set up the the zune marketplace is. I hope this helps ya out. THE iPOD IS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY TRUST ME, even though its only a $15 difference between the 8gig zune and the 4gig iPod the iPods well worth not haveing that extra 4gigs that zune has over the nano. And if its the difference between how much they can hold, don't worry bout it cause 1000 songs on the nano will take a while to fill up, I mean I've had mine since december and I only have around 250 some songs on it and a few pics and tv shows.

And if you have a Sam's Club near you go there and get the nano because thur $138 in there thats what I paid for mine.

dirtbike&quad
03-22-2008, 10:03 PM
no get the zune. i had a 20gig until some nagger stole mine at schol. they are so easy to use theyre program is great once you get used to it you'll love it!

Kickstarts-suck
03-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Im buying a new CD player for my truck and I wanted to plug an MP3 player into it but I dont have one BUT i do have a phone with an mp3 player so what i was going to do was get a new CD player with an AUX input instead of the ipod input. That way I can Plug my MP3 cable into the Phone headset jack and into the AUX jack in the new CD player and if my phone mp3 didnt work with the cd player I could just go buy a Ipod or zune and use my AUX cord to plug into the headset jack on the ipod or zune.

400exrider707
03-22-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the Ipods anymore. I just dont think the quality is there. I will say I recieved a nano for christmas and it is a pretty nice unit, but if I was buying something myself it would be a zune. My gf has gotten a new ipod almost every year. They have had quite a few with the batteries fail just a month outside of warranty, and her new Ipod video freezes quite often, and completely resets her playlists. Kind of an annoyance. Something that expensive shouldn't do that.

miller821
03-23-2008, 04:40 AM
I have a Zune, and I love it.... Their customer service is really great too... But like you said with the Aux thing, IDK if your phone would work with it. But I have a Panasonic head unit with an Aux cable running out of the antenna slot, and it works great with my Zune.

416exfreak
03-23-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
i would get a zune. i heard ipods arent capatable with vista too. and that would force me to get something else. and zunes seem so much nicer, and everyone and their pets have a ipod.

Thats a lie.

Im running Vista and my iPod works fine with it.

billdogg
03-23-2008, 07:49 AM
I bought my mom a Zune for christmas, and played around with it a little bit, but I do have a question about it. I think it was $35 to get that software for it, but it looked like after that, all the songs were free. Is that how it works? Do they have pretty much every song on there? If so, that's a great deal compared to paying a buck a song for itunes.

416exfreak
03-23-2008, 02:37 PM
I'll be buying a Zune this summer.

My iPod has lasted me almost 3 years, but its time to get something with more space, and I think the Zune's are cooler anyways.

pro-rider46
03-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
i heard ipods arent capatable with vista too.

Originally posted by 416exfreak

Thats a lie.

Im running Vista and my iPod works fine with it.

notice its just what i heard, i dont have either of the mp4s so idk for sure. i dont have any beef with you just pointing out the facts.

Kickstarts-suck
03-24-2008, 09:56 PM
I ended up getting the Ipod Nano.

Reasons were I liked the looks better I liked the scroll wheel better, Im kinda familiar with Itunes and I bought ANOTHER Alpine headunit for my truck that you can control the Ipod through the HU to switch songs and stuff. Plus I dont have to buy a $70 car kit for the Zune just to charge it while listening at the same time. The ipod charges while it plays through the HU. Im happy with it so far :)

03-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Good choice. I made the mistake of trying something different than an iPod. Baddd idea. After using iTunes, the software for everything else just seems so much more complicated than it has to be. I had a 4g nano, it was cool, but now I'm rocking the touch which is ballin.

Kickstarts-suck
03-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
Good choice. I made the mistake of trying something different than an iPod. Baddd idea. After using iTunes, the software for everything else just seems so much more complicated than it has to be. I had a 4g nano, it was cool, but now I'm rocking the touch which is ballin.

Yea I was playing with the touch in Best Buy. I would love to have one. :devil:

03-24-2008, 10:26 PM
haha yea its pretty sick. It still amazes me everyday, crazyyy technology. The only thing thats beat is that I dont get WiFi everywhere...like work and school:(

440ex2001
03-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Spend an extra 50 and get the 30g zune either way get the zune. I have had both and the zune gives you more freedom. I can pay a flat rate and DL all the songs I want and stream them to my xbox via vista or one of my buddies with a zune. The ipod will cost you for every song you DL.

Kickstarts-suck
03-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by 440ex2001
Spend an extra 50 and get the 30g zune either way get the zune. I have had both and the zune gives you more freedom. I can pay a flat rate and DL all the songs I want and stream them to my xbox via vista or one of my buddies with a zune. The ipod will cost you for every song you DL.

Already bought an Ipod. I don't pay for my songs anyway so I don't have to worry about that .

ds450maniac
03-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Glad to hear you chose the nano

Kickstarts-suck
03-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Well put in my new Alpine headunit and hooked the Ipod up to it and its great!

So easy to find songs, no more searching for a CD ect..