PDA

View Full Version : A-Arms?

flmale
03-22-2008, 09:35 PM
What is the difference between standard A-Arms and Long Travel A-Arms? I know the obvious part. So what are the pros and cons between the two? And what is the better for my kind of riding. I'm at the track all the time not racing just for fun. But I like to hit the trails to. So what a arm set up is best? Thankyou

BlaineKaiser450
03-22-2008, 10:32 PM
long travel makes you able to use longer shocks which can be tuned more easily. For you, i would reccomend getting your shocks revalved by GT Thunder. I rode one of my buddies and they were amazing for how little it costs. They wernt even set up for me also.

Pono
03-23-2008, 03:10 AM
long travel will always be better. it requires longer shocks. lt is better because u achieve more travel and since the shock has a longer stroke you can fine tune the susp more. the only thing is it costs more. standard travel use generally the same length shock as stock. or you stock shock. if you want to keep it cheap...i would recommend wider standard travel a arms with a revalve/respring. also a wider axle. its the most economical way to improve your ride without breaking bank. lt feels amazing though.