PDA

View Full Version : buddy got a banshee

BigBore24
03-22-2008, 08:53 PM
a buddy of mine got an old banshee for 1000 bucks. the person selling it told him it has a 510 cheetah kit in it or some crap. i think the guy is full of crap. i havent seen it yet but my buddy says it is pretty rough shape but it runs really strong. it does have toomey t5 pipes on it that are all rusty. is there even such a thing as a510 cheetah engine and if it is how badly should he smoke my 440ex with below mods. (so ill be able to tell him he got lied to after i smoke him or he barely beats me):D

Dinner
03-23-2008, 01:49 AM
I'm not sure if there is such thing as a 510 Cheetah. However if the guy was running a Cheetah with T5's, that is wrong. Also what type of fuel are you running through it? Look at the cylinders, Cheetah's are easily noticeable compared to stock jugs.

Even if he doesn't have a 510 Cheetah, or Cheetah set up for that matter. It depends what his other mods are, could just have some sort of port job. Either way $1000 is pretty cheap and it will be a nice project!

And depending on what is actually done to it, can't really say whether or not he will beat or lose to you in a drag race...we don't know the actual mods on it yet.

Hondamaster5505
03-23-2008, 06:34 PM
The guy you bought it from is a lying sack of crap. This is directly from Trinity's website:

Cheetah Engine Kit for the Yamaha Banshee

Available sizes:
400cc kit* (uses stock crank)
421cc kit (uses 4mm crank)
485cc kit** (uses 4mm crank)
496cc kit** (uses 7mm crank)
535cc kit** (uses 10mm crank)
593cc kit** (uses 14mm crank)
610cc kit** (uses 16mm crank)

Cheetah Cub Engine Kit for the Yamaha Banshee

Available sizes:
358cc kit (uses stock crank)
392cc kit (uses stock crank)
421cc kit (uses 4mm crank)*
443cc kit (uses 7mm crank)*

Not only that, those T5's arent the best pipes for a cheetah kit.

Now, as far as a drag race, if the banshee is ported, you can basically forget about beating him. For an example, my dad's banshee just has basic mods, no porting, and we have beaten many 450's on it. So even if the banshee is just piped and isnt ported, he should still give you a run for your money.

Hope I helped:D

BigBore24
03-23-2008, 07:18 PM
thanks guys that is exactly what i was thinking. we will get them out next weekend and ill let you know how it goes. someone would be insane to dump several thousand dollars into a motor on a junk quad then sell it for $1000. o well. a couple cosmetic improvements and he can make his money back then some
thanks