PDA

View Full Version : Carb issues please help?!

TWISTED DINLI
03-22-2008, 07:29 PM
On my 450 it will idol fine when the choke is on but when i turn it off and rev the motor it back fires something terrible and it wont idol with the choke turned off... so what should i do? would i need to take the carb apart and sray it real good with carb cleaner or does it need adjustments on the needle and stuf like that?

thanks

#17YFZRACER
03-22-2008, 07:35 PM
it probably needs both. do you have an aftermarket fuel screw and needle, and have you ever cleaned it?need more info on your setup and stuff.

TWISTED DINLI
03-22-2008, 07:47 PM
It has an HMF full system exhaust and its been rejeted.. it doesnt have an aftermarket fuel screw.. Im not sure if its been cleaned b 4 because this quad used to be my bro's and i just got it friday...

#17YFZRACER
03-22-2008, 07:57 PM
first thing id do is take it off and see how it looks. see what needle is in it. order a fuel screw also. its weird because you say its back-firing (too rich) but only idles with the choke. does it idle at all without the choke or just die right away? might have a blocked (or partially blocked) jet(s)?

TWISTED DINLI
03-22-2008, 08:02 PM
it will idol for like 5 seconds and die when i turn the choke off.. i am going to tear it apart tomorrow and clean it real good and if that doesnt work i will mess with the needle because my bro said he was messing with the needle and thats when it started to run crapy but he never did fix it lol

TWISTED DINLI
03-22-2008, 08:25 PM
i just talked to him and he has cleaned it before

#17YFZRACER
03-22-2008, 08:29 PM
why did he get rid of it?

TWISTED DINLI
03-22-2008, 10:35 PM
because he quit mx racing because he got married and had kids so now he has a full blown drag banshee