PDA

View Full Version : front end with help

250r rider 88
03-22-2008, 06:37 PM
ok i did some searching and still cant find the straight forward answer im looking for so hopefully someone can help me out here:

my r with stock a arms sat at 44" wide, now i believe the wheels are 3+2, does this sound correct?

if i were to run +1 a arms and 4+1 hipers i would still be at 44 correct?

if i were to run +2 a arms with 4+1 hipers that would put me at 46"?

my thinkin on this is i can get a set of plus 2 a arms easier and cheaper than +1s i just dont want it to be too wide in the trail, so if i can be at 46 i think this would be ok

let me know if my thinkin here is correct or not and your guy's suggestions

thanks

xlr810
03-22-2008, 08:20 PM
You've got it down, guy. That setup should be fine. I like +1 arms for XC-- they have more steering precision, and the extra inch or 2 narrower in front helps squeeze through trees easer, but you are right-- +1's are hard to find, and a compromise for virtually all situations.

Just FYI-- factory wheels are 4/1.5 (5.5 inches wide overall)-- if that is what you're curretly running, then you'll only shave one inch total width off the front using the 4/1 hipers.

250r rider 88
03-23-2008, 09:50 AM
ok this is just wierd, measured my front wheels to check the offset, anyone ever heard of 4+2.5? yea the wheel measures 6.5" side to side WTF? i have never heard of this in my life

offset is measured from the center of the wheel where it mounts to the hub to the inside and out side correct?