PDA

View Full Version : crashed, now brakes don't work.....

jesseweaver
03-22-2008, 08:06 AM
yesterday at the track i ate it pretty bad on a 60 foot triple, i came up a little short and the back bottomed on the triple and i flew over the bars and nothing was wrong with the quad except the rear brakes don't work. when i push down on the pedal, it goes the whole way down. and its all wet around the brakes and parking brake and stuff, i guess thats brake fluid? i dont know if its the brake line or what but im sure its a simple problem. thanks ahead of time.

drew416ex
03-22-2008, 09:59 AM
put some fluid in it and get someone to pump the pedal to see if you can see where its coming from. You may have blown some seals out or something.

Honda_Matt
03-22-2008, 01:54 PM
fill the reservoir full of brake fluid, and pump the pedal, see if you can see fluid leaking out of the rear caliper where the brake line bolts in.

See if you can find brake fluid leaking anywhere.

The banjo bolt that connects the brake line to the caliper should have a washer on top and on bottom of the bolt, and should be nice and tight.

jesseweaver
03-22-2008, 03:27 PM
its coming out from where the steel-braided part of the brake line connects to the peice that the bolt goes through. im pretty sure i need a new brake line because even when we hold it shut it still leaks. so how much better are the galfer steel braided ones over stock. i had steel braided ones on before but i don't really use the rear brakes a lot. the galfer ones are on rocky mountain for $38 and theres stock ones on eBay for $15

drew416ex
03-22-2008, 03:40 PM
I have a stock rear also but since I dont use the rear that much I dont care. You will notice better performance out of the galfer though since its braided.

Ruby Soho
03-22-2008, 03:41 PM
so its leaking out of the banjo bolt?

drew416ex
03-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
so its leaking out of the banjo bolt?

I think he is saying its leaking where the hose connects to the fitting, not wher ethe bolt goes in.

jesseweaver
03-22-2008, 04:01 PM
yea, the hose is seperated from the fitting, its not leaking from the bolt.

and where do i get stock ones? i can't figure out how to look at parts on service honda

drew416ex
03-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Ive never used them before. Ive gotten parts from yamahaoftroy.com with no problems before.