PDA

View Full Version : axis and elka question

03warriorrider
03-21-2008, 09:12 PM
OK i found a used axis rear shock setup for trail/xc for $485, dual rate springs. now its setup for a 160lb rider and I'm about 190 is that a big difference in the performance of the shock?

i also found some display elka front shocks for $600. setup for 160-185lbs but for desert/dune ill be doing trail/xc. they're triple rate with piggy back ressies adjustable preload.

are any of these good deals or should i wait and find a shock better setup for me. i was just going to do stock rebuilds but if these are good deals ill go with these. can anyone help me out?

thanks Keith

racernorris
03-22-2008, 06:04 AM
more than likely u will need to change the main spring ,thats $80, and if it needs service (between $60-$100) depending on who you have service it. if u put elkas on the front and a axis on the rear u will hate the elkas. i know the price is cheap but there is no comparison between these shocks. a dual rate dual adjust axis retails for $925. just look it over good and make sure there is no leaks or physical damage. a third of my business is selling fox shocks to customers that bought elka elites first!

norris
quinn motorsports
fox dealer
axis dealer
tcs dealer
ohlins dealer
elka dealer (that left a dad taste in my mouth)
works dealer

03warriorrider
03-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by racernorris
more than likely u will need to change the main spring ,thats $80, and if it needs service (between $60-$100) depending on who you have service it. if u put elkas on the front and a axis on the rear u will hate the elkas. i know the price is cheap but there is no comparison between these shocks. a dual rate dual adjust axis retails for $925. just look it over good and make sure there is no leaks or physical damage. a third of my business is selling fox shocks to customers that bought elka elites first!

norris
quinn motorsports
fox dealer
axis dealer
tcs dealer
ohlins dealer
works dealer

Thanks a lot racernorris. i probably will go ahead with the rear axis shock. from the picture it looks really good and the guy "says" theres no leaks/cracks or anything with the shock.

TheNewn
03-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by racernorris

norris
quinn motorsports
fox dealer
axis dealer
tcs dealer
ohlins dealer
works dealer

Are you a site sponsor? kinda on the verge of advertising yourself there aren't you?

Pretty sure that's against the rules of the forum.

racernorris
03-22-2008, 06:29 PM
all i was trying to convey was that i might understand what i was talking about since i am a dealer and service center! i have tried to sell some used parts for my customers on here.

norris
quinn motorsports:macho

03warriorrider
03-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by TheNewn
Are you a site sponsor? kinda on the verge of advertising yourself there aren't you?

Pretty sure that's against the rules of the forum.

Not to start stuff here but to me it did not seem like he was advertising at all. just trying to help out another member, me, which this forum is for.