PDA

View Full Version : durablue axle

hondaracing 79
11-21-2002, 08:51 PM
what is the deal with durablue axles i hear alot of bad things and i was just wondering because the place thats rebuilding my 300 ex just put one on it and they said its the strongest they make??

Cole Trane
11-21-2002, 09:22 PM
I've heard nothing but good about durablue. I think that they have a warranty too, ya know if they bend or crack or anything.

250xman
11-21-2002, 10:26 PM
the reason you here so moany bad things is because everyone has one so of course someone is gonna break one sooner or later. that's all i have ever had on my bikes and ive never had a problem with them that was the axle's fault.

400MXer
11-21-2002, 10:31 PM
You guys must not get out much.

Two of my friends had durablue axles........they both broke......and i've seen 3 more durablues break at the track.......and then add that the the countless number of other people i hear of breaking them....seems proof enough to me.

And can bet that at least 50% of this forum will tell you the exact same thing.

a ton of people buy lone star axles and no one complains about them. And dura blues warranty isn't a true "life time" warranty. They told you they are the strongest made,,,,,,to sell you the product...but bottom line.....they lied.

Davids440ex
11-22-2002, 12:55 AM
Durabrake
the bend so esaily and there warrentys only cover 1 axel. RPM is the best you can get.

Buzzsaw
11-22-2002, 07:40 AM
In one week I saw one guy break two at the track and that was last thursday he broke one and this thursday he broke another.

11-22-2002, 08:30 AM
I've bent a durabreak not saying that's bad,,but there warranty is crap..they say lifetime..well that's one replacement at $20,,you bend or break the second one,,you pay $175. LS or RPM

RiPPiNiTuP7
11-22-2002, 08:40 AM
Get a RPM and be done with it ;)

OutlawEX
11-22-2002, 09:21 AM
Durablue is junk i would rather try to ride my quad with out a axle befor putting a durabend on it:blah

exriderdude
11-22-2002, 11:04 AM
oh yea, well i seen a LSR axle break over a 30ft triple:blah

so then he sat in the grass beside it for awhile and then my friend on a dirtbike hit the triple and landing wrong and ran into him..lol, he bent his a-arm, which was also LSR, lmfao.:devil

stocktires
11-22-2002, 11:51 AM
Im running an Dura-blue eliminator on my ole 300ex and its been put through ALOT!
My R has a heavy-duty dura-blue and its been put through alot also, But I'll be replacing it with a purty LSR because I do have a small amount of fear that it'll bend.
I do believe LSR makes dura-blue or has something to do with them

Extremeracer167
11-22-2002, 11:55 AM
He prob. did get the best DURABLUE makes. I don thtink he said it was the best axle made period. I personally have never seen anybody break a durablue, unless they did something stupid. Personally if u arent out jumping big stuff, and just out to mess around with your friends, there is nothing wrong witha durablue. Either way, they are still stronger then a stock axle, even if u get the cheap one. And about the same price as stock too.

400MXer
11-22-2002, 01:09 PM
If that's the way you want to think of it. And my friends weren't being stupid when they broke theirs. They were riding motocross.

I just don't understand the point in even taking the chance by putting a piece of poop on your four wheeler. actually, you could pry roll up a peice of poop, hook your wheels to it, and have better results than a durablue.

Extremeracer167
11-22-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by 400MXer
They were riding motocross.

Exactly.....not everybody rides MX, and not everybody hits 30-90 ft jumps. If this guy goes out hammers through the woods, and jumps 10-20ft jumps, which alot of ppl just do that. Than any axle will be fine. Like i said, just about any aftermarket axle is going to be stronger then stock. And i know for a fact the the durablues are stronger. They didnt get big becuase the put neat looking stickers on there axles. So they must be doing something right.

400MXer
11-22-2002, 01:28 PM
No they are big because you can buy them EVERYWHERE, any dealer, quadshop, Corner....they are like the dirty dirty dirty cheap hookers.

DURABLUE SUCKS. and my one friend broke his on a 20ft. table top.

Extremeracer167
11-22-2002, 01:35 PM
well that sucks for your friend. 2 of my friends have the Eliminator Axles. One a EX one on a Craptor. Both of them race MX. Neither one of them have had any problems at all. And the one on the EX rolled his down a HUGE hill. Snapped his subframe completely off the bottom mounts. And cracked his swingarm. His axle didnt bend. And i think a piece of poop would have gotten messed up in that wreck. ;)

Im not saying Durablues are the best, cause everyone knows they arent. Just dont make the guy feel like the thing is gonna snap when he sits on it! And if its the Eliminator(since thats the best durablue makes) he shouldnt have any problems at all. They are a hollow axle, so yes they will snap most likely instead of bending. But it is still a heck of alot stronger then stock

exrider360
11-22-2002, 02:15 PM
all i hear is good things and they do have a warranty

gojk
11-22-2002, 03:57 PM
All of them have the possibilty to bend or break. But Durablues warrenty sux from what I hear from everyone that tries to use it. LSR and RPM's warrenties are awesome. That is why I would choose one of them.

ChadEXer
11-25-2002, 02:10 PM
Dura Blue axles are real nice!! I agree that probably about 80% of the aftermarket axle buyers are Dura Blue owners therefore when something happens people hear about it! The 400EX is very rough on axles as we all know and i dont care what kind of axle you have you cant jump 100ft'ers and expect it to hold up!!! I have had mine for as long as Ive had the bike and its awesome! Dura Blue cant give unlimited free axles like all these people think they should or they wouldnt be in business because of all people that do stupid stuff and tear up their machines!!! If they done that Id be tempted to bend mine now just to get me a new shinier one!!! Before I built mine into a mostly drag machine I used to jump it like crazy, matter of fact I won a jumping contest(we were seeing who could jump the farthest)on mine!! Its still perfect!!!

Houser Cannondale
11-25-2002, 08:28 PM
i just like the purdy sticker durablue has on it lol :p

QuadTrix6
11-26-2002, 04:00 PM
go LSR .....not durabreak...nuff said