PDA

View Full Version : 01 raptor 660 rear shock adjustment help

BR16250
03-21-2008, 03:34 PM
does anyone know how to soften up the raptor shock? is it through the rezzie or the threads on the top of the shock

03-21-2008, 06:48 PM
the resivor controls compression (stiffness), the lower screw on the shock controls rebound.

mxraptor149
03-22-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm guessing you want a smoother ride that doesn't rebound as fast or is as springy. The screw at the bottom of the shock is your rebound, turn it counter clockwise to slow how quickly the shock extends back from compressing from a hit. I would increase the compression (screw at reservoir) by turning it clockwise. Only turn each adjustment one or two clicks, then ride it and try it, and adjust again, etc. That's the long and short of it. You could also back off the pre-load a little but by turning the spring pre-load counter clockwise (threads at top of shock) by a turn or two. This will decrease the tension on the spring and make it less "springy." But, by making all these adjustments as I've said opens you up to increased bottoming if you're riding hard in whoops or taking hard landings from jumps or just riding hard through really choppy trails or sand.

BR16250
03-22-2008, 08:07 PM
i have a 250ex though im probably not going to bottom out with this shock,,, thanks though