PDA

View Full Version : yfz450 shocks on 300ex problems

aaron4567
03-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Hey i bought a pair of yfz450 front shocks from a forum member and was told at the time that with and diamond customs shock extender I would be able to direct mount these to my 96 300ex a-arms. When i finally got all the parts on there. The the lower shock mount were not deep enough to accept the shock? do I need to do some grinding or will these just not work with stock 300ex a arms? and if so, what do I need that is reasonably priced to get these shocks on my ride. Also on another note, I purchased a raptor back shock, but when it arrived it appears that the bushings(iguess thats what they are called were missing(the piece in holes at the ends of the shock. Where would i find replacement parts for that? Or am I screwed? Help Me please, I have a but of money invested in these parts that are just laying around, collecting dust.
Thanks
Aaron

big bad beny
03-25-2008, 06:54 AM
I dont know what your asking about the front shocks, On the rear shock dont go buy the bushing they are way over priced from Yamaha just make some washers fit nice and tight in there. that will work thats what i did to mine for now. i am going to come up with a better fix for it tho. when i do i will PM you with the new way.

bad ex
03-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by aaron4567
Hey i bought a pair of yfz450 front shocks from a forum member and was told at the time that with and diamond customs shock extender I would be able to direct mount these to my 96 300ex a-arms. When i finally got all the parts on there. The the lower shock mount were not deep enough to accept the shock? do I need to do some grinding or will these just not work with stock 300ex a arms? and if so, what do I need that is reasonably priced to get these shocks on my ride. Also on another note, I purchased a raptor back shock, but when it arrived it appears that the bushings(iguess thats what they are called were missing(the piece in holes at the ends of the shock. Where would i find replacement parts for that? Or am I screwed? Help Me please, I have a but of money invested in these parts that are just laying around, collecting dust.
Thanks
Aaron i would just try to bend the bottom a arm mounts out wider and see if they fit then,i have works trs from a z400 on mine,you might be able to find the rear shock bushing on ebay,not sure though,hope this helps,kevin