PDA

View Full Version : pep triple rates

11-05-2001, 05:38 PM
This guy I know is selling some pep triple rates he just took off his 250r, for 400 bux. He showed me them and they look like they are in excellent condition but im not sure. How are these shocks and what do I look for in buying a used shocks.
I am 110lbs

Foxrage
11-05-2001, 07:14 PM
Well let me know if you dont buy them because i will buy them. I have no clue if they will fit a 300 but i thinkt hey will fit a 400 wont they. I like them and every top pro uses them or axis and these are cheaper so i am getting the PEPs.

400exRacerX
11-05-2001, 08:45 PM
With PEP, they have terrible customer service and you will wait forever for a pair of shocks.....not the way I want to be treated when I am spending that much money of something. I would rather buy a pair of Elka's or TCS's. Don't get me wrong PEP's are great shocks but the service just plain old sucks. My friend has denton +2, +1 a arms with PEP zps fronts and they are great shocks but he had very bad experiences with PEP.

Clay
11-06-2001, 12:13 AM
Ive had no personal dealings with PEP. Well, Ive had some with Mark Baldwin, thats pretty close to PEP, but anyway, ive heard their service is second to none, just takes FOREVER!! I would say go with the PEP. I have WORKS and Axis on my quad. I Love them. The PEP are Works bodies that have MUCH MUCH MUCH Better valving characteristics and better performance. Go for the PEPs.

400exRacerX
11-06-2001, 01:56 PM
You could get Elka's for less money and they are a better shock. They have the same stacked valve design as the axis shocks and the rezzie tubes are made out of a better materail.

trx400ex
11-07-2001, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by 400exRacerX
You could get Elka's for less money and they are a better shock. They have the same stacked valve design as the axis shocks and the rezzie tubes are made out of a better materail.

better material than axis? i talked to them (axis) about elkas he said he didnt know to much about elkas except that they dont use as good materials

400exRacerX
11-07-2001, 02:19 PM
I said better material then PEP, and yes elkas use the same valve and rezzie tubes designs as axis. You must here wrong. If you don't believe me ask Alaska_400ex or Guy660r they no alot more about them then me.

trx400ex
11-07-2001, 06:00 PM
seems like i cant talk about shocks without gettin into a big war, so ill just write this quote,i may not HEAR good but if i cant read right then you cancorrect me

~ quote~

I dont know much about Elkas. I do know that we use better materials to
make our shocks and we have also been doing suspensions for 10 years. All
of the pros that ride our shocks dont ride our shocks because we gave them
the shocks they ride them because they work. we have won the MX ATV
Natoinals the last two years with two diferent riders Travis Spader and
Jerimia Jones. we also won the XC natonals last year with Bill Balance and
Bill is leading the points this year.