PDA

View Full Version : lectron carb

collom7
03-21-2008, 08:38 AM
i just bought me a 05 yfz450se and i love it. it has some stuff done to it. curtis sparks exhaust, big k&n filter, cams, and a lectron carb. i have never dealt with lectron carbs im use to the stock ones. but i think it might be running a little rich. i heard that you can adjust from the outside of the carb is that true? and how? any info would be great. oh and it also said it had a power jet.

collom7
03-25-2008, 07:35 AM
COME ON SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW HOW TO ADJUST THESE THINGS, DO I HAVE TO BUY THERE SPECIAL TOOL?

Ride1Rob
03-25-2008, 07:58 AM
Honestly, the stock FCR is the best for this bike. Not many people buy aftermarket carbs, they simply make the stocker bigger and get better results for less money. What all is done to this bike that you bought?

fmfhonda250r
03-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Lectrons are only good for going wot straight up the hill, if thats what your doing they work great and make more power than a bored fcr but they are not for anything other than up the hill. I have one on my trx521 and it runs great but it only likes wot

collom7
03-26-2008, 07:30 AM
the stuff i have listed is all that i know of that has been done to the bike. i bought it from a dealer and he would'nt tell me who owned it before. he said it might have a high compression piston but he wasnt sure. i read lectrons web site and it sounds prety easy to adjust but, so i guess ill see how she runs once all the snow is gone. i dont want to spend the money to go back to the stock carb though.
thanks for your info.

Ride1Rob
03-26-2008, 01:33 PM
You should have found out more about the bike when you bought it. You basically have a motor that you know nothing about. If it's a motor with HC piston it'll need maintnance and inspection more often than a stocker. Hopefully it's a CP piston as they are very durable. My honest opinion, I'd pull the head off and replace the piston and check the crank to be sure. What kind of fuel are you running?

collom7
03-26-2008, 02:34 PM
i found out as much info as i could. i know the dealer really well so i dont think there going to sell me a pile. but he would not tell me the guys info so i think im going to look it up through the dmv. i have not run a full tank of fuel yet, there is still alot of snow here.