PDA

View Full Version : Wrist Braces?

bloodmoney23
03-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Hey, my doc told me if i want to race i need to buy a wrist brace. I saw a nice one at Dennis Kirk but its like almost $400.00
Anyone know where to get a nice hard plastic adjustable wrist brace cheaper than that? I aint got insurance so it wont get covered and I have a condition where all the cartilage in my body is basically disintigrating so im more prone to joint issues. Any help would be great guys.

dustin_j
03-21-2008, 07:49 AM
I got a simple plastic wrist brace that's in a mesh glove at Scheels. It was with all the snowboarding stuff, and that's what I use it for. It has hard plastic that fits in your palm and goes about 3" up your arm. I bet it would work great for riding, and reduce the jarring fromt he bars.

esr250r86
03-21-2008, 10:00 AM
I just used a sixsixone brace. Theyre like $15-20 I think. It worked awesome,but i dont like riding with it anymore,i just used it when i had a wrist injury. All the stuff like at Wal-mart for arthritis and stuff,those braces dont work well for riding,the metal or plastic palm part dont conform to the bars so it would make it impossible to get a good grip. Im sure a sixsixone wrist brace or any other type of moto braces would work just fine and whole lot cheaper!

spanky101
03-21-2008, 10:43 AM
http://www.motosport.com/offroad/category.php?c=5742|121090

there are just some of the ones i have seen. all those are from motosport and since they are 661 they should do really well for riding. hope the wrist gets better man, and once i get my bike we need to get riding!

jshtex
03-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
Hey, my doc told me if i want to race i need to buy a wrist brace. I saw a nice one at Dennis Kirk but its like almost $400.00
Anyone know where to get a nice hard plastic adjustable wrist brace cheaper than that? I aint got insurance so it wont get covered and I have a condition where all the cartilage in my body is basically disintigrating so im more prone to joint issues. Any help would be great guys.

Thats a bummer, hope you find a brace you can afford, or better yet a cure for your problem.

My son broke the navicular bone in his right wrist racing last year and ended up having to have surgury on it and missing basically all last season. This season he is wearing braces on both wrists that were custom made for him at a cost of around $750 each. Don't get me wrong, there is no way we could have purchased them we were blessed that our insurance covered them with a letter from his doctor.

bloodmoney23
03-23-2008, 05:24 PM
thats a good idea. when i get insurance ill have my sis right me a note for them. I really doubt the cloth ones will help me too much. I am definitely going to need a hard plastic one its just a matter of finding a comfortable one. So unless i get insurance soon looks like im gonna be paying quite a bit. Might as well buy the knee braces too cause ive already had 3 surgeries between both knees cause of cartilage problems. To be honest i dont think this sport is the right one for me with all these medical problems, but i love it toooo damn much to give it up.