PDA

View Full Version : Hotcam 1 Help........

silenpro
03-20-2008, 07:02 PM
i just finished installing a hotcam 1 on a 2007 400ex and it starts fine while holding the throttle above 3000 rps my pipes right at the head are glowing red. is this normal even after the 20 min and a samll ride around the streets i could see it. not that bad but its getting really hot. also tha valves are louder than before wich i think its normal. any info would help thanks

cnl83
03-20-2008, 07:07 PM
You need to by a feeler guage. You need to adjust your valves to hotcams specs. It is not hard to do, just read the instructions good.

My bike ran hot until I adjusted my valves. If after you adjusted your vavles, and its still loud, need to check your timing.

silenpro
03-20-2008, 07:12 PM
i have a feeler gauge. i didnt realise that you had to adjust the valves. i thought that stock was .005 not sure i have the instructions downstairs with the specs. thank you i know the sound is going to louder than stock (valves) and it does not bother me but the glowing red pipes yea that worried me. thank you for your help.

UNBROKEN
03-20-2008, 08:35 PM
how does it run with the stage 1 hotcamz i cant wait to get mine!!

cnl83
03-20-2008, 09:08 PM
That cam opened my bike up alot.

Until I adjusted the valves properly, things were a little rattlely, the valve adjustment is important. When I made the adjustment, it actually made a huge difference. It should not be really loud.

cnl83
03-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Make sure the lobes of the cam are turned down, and not up.

silenpro
03-20-2008, 10:28 PM
i just finished adjusting the valves and putting the hole bike back together. going riding tom. going to do the second run at low speeds and then a true run and test it out. il post back with results. thanks for all the info n help. :D