PDA

View Full Version : St Anthony sand Dunes

TEAM OUTLAW#22
11-21-2002, 07:58 PM
I just thought i'd let you know about the Idaho sand dunes. There is some big dunes, but not many. Yhe main dunes are Thunder Mtn., Choke Cherry and Devil's dune. I reccomend paddles but bring your stockers. beacause there is some fun trails out there.

QuadJunkies
11-22-2002, 12:21 AM
Have you went through some of the threads here?? There is some of info On St. Anthonys and some cool pics:) I have a few,but WyoDuner has several at his site..:D ;) I loved St. Anthonys I plan on going once a year at least...

ThorChick
11-22-2002, 01:58 AM
I'm going to St. Anthony's next summer!!! Quadjunkies is going to be my tour guide. She and I are gonna get drunk and rowdy!! Well, maybe just rowdy, but who knows. LOL

QuadJunkies
11-22-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by ThorChick
I'm going to St. Anthony's next summer!!! Quadjunkies is going to be my tour guide. She and I are gonna get drunk and rowdy!! Well, maybe just rowdy, but who knows. LOL LMAO:blah ..dito on both! :p

WyoDuner
11-22-2002, 11:32 AM
Teamoutlaw, have you been to the St. Anthony dunes. Thare actually a TON iof HUGE dunes. The popular ones are what you mentioned but there a lot of really big dunes in between those.

I have 1 or 2 pictures and videos from there on my site I think. :)

Team Outlaw #34
11-22-2002, 02:26 PM
yeah st anthony is awsome!

out4sand
11-22-2002, 06:09 PM
QuadJunkies & ThorChick

You'll have to let me know when you plan your trip to the St. Anthony's. I would really like to head there again this summer and it's sounds like you two plan on having some fun :D

www.out4sand.com

ThorChick
11-22-2002, 10:56 PM
We'll know more as we get closer to summer, but I think the month we are shooting for is July. I'll only be able to stay for a few days because of work but it should still be pretty fun. Maybe we should see how many other EXriders we can get together for this trip. What do you think Tina?

QuadJunkies
11-23-2002, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by ThorChick
We'll know more as we get closer to summer, but I think the month we are shooting for is July. I'll only be able to stay for a few days because of work but it should still be pretty fun. Maybe we should see how many other EXriders we can get together for this trip. What do you think Tina? The more the merrier:p I know that Alaska is coming up too and we have 6 others wanting to join us, maybe 2-3 more on top of that if no one flakes....I think July would be the best time to go, not too hot and yet out of the rainy season up there.WE went in June last year and it was still unpredictable up there..This should be a really good riding trip,we will have to take lots of pics to post when we get back, maybe if we start planing early enough,if will give people more time to get ready for the trip:D

quadbiker
11-27-2002, 07:04 PM
The locals in St. Anthony say the 4th of July is the busiest holiday at the dunes. But yeah, July looks like the month the EXriders will have a bonanza out there.

rummerd
11-28-2002, 09:48 AM
I am moving to the Tacoma WA area in January. I am looking for some new riding spots. Anybody know how far St. Anthony's is from Tacoma? I am always up for dune riding, ALWAYS! I have been wanting to find out what Choke Cherry is all about, heard that it is steep!

out4sand
11-28-2002, 07:01 PM
rummerd - St. Anthony's is a drive from Tacoma, you'd be looking somewhere around 12-13 hours depending on how fast you drive and how many stops you make (it's roughly 825 miles to the sand). If your looking for dune riding, Oregon is a much better bet for a "normal" weekend trip. From Tacoma your looking at around 4-6 hours depending on where you want to go. While I'd recommend that everyone who can ride St. Anthony's at least once it's not a quick trip from WA.

www.out4sand.com

rummerd
11-28-2002, 07:33 PM
well, Oregon coast it shall be! I have heard that it is good riding. I am looking foward to getting into the Pac. NW! I will look you guys up when I get settled in my new home and am ready to go tear it up!

QuadJunkies
11-28-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by rummerd
well, Oregon coast it shall be! I have heard that it is good riding. I am looking foward to getting into the Pac. NW! I will look you guys up when I get settled in my new home and am ready to go tear it up! You will love the NW there is some good riding there.When you have the time to come up to Idaho,look me up and Ill give you a tour of St. A's..Choke is HUGE and STEEP just ask WyoDuner or a few others on here that have been there.. You wll have a blast at the coast, post us when you go and tke some pics...;) Quadbiker~~ I hope you can make it up this summer it would be a blast !!:D

out4sand
11-29-2002, 02:23 PM
rummerd - Let me know when you are all settled. I'm always game for a trip to the dunes and would be more then happy to show you some of the hot spots. We've already made plans to be at Florence for Memorial day weekend and Coos Bay for the 4th of July and hope to get reservations at Coos for Labor day weekend but there are plenty of off weekends in between ;)

rummerd
11-29-2002, 03:11 PM
I will certainly do that!

big_cohoona
12-03-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by rummerd
I am moving to the Tacoma WA area in January. I am looking for some new riding spots. Anybody know how far St. Anthony's is from Tacoma? I am always up for dune riding, ALWAYS! I have been wanting to find out what Choke Cherry is all about, heard that it is steep!

If you cannot do a weekend trip to Oregon, try heading east about 160 miles, we have some good dunes here in Moses Lake. Nothing like St. Anthony or Christmas Valley(OR), but for a weekend of fun, it is fairly close, the weater is generally dry, and except for major holidays, it is not very crowded. Will post some picks in the next few days.