PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding front brakes

aboveall1
03-20-2008, 11:33 AM
need some help, tips! I just put on new stainless braided lines, and now I cant get any brake fluid down to the calipers at all! I have pumped the lever several times, held down, cracked open the bleeder screw, and nothing! Any thing to help please!
Thanks

300exOH
03-20-2008, 11:42 AM
It will help to remove your bleeder at the calipers and fill the caliper with fluid. This should help draw the fluid through the lines. You can also try using clear tubing and suck on the end to pull fluid through. Just keep the hose pinched so when it gets near the end you don't get a taste of it. You don't want to ingest any. Then when you get fluid flowing through the system you can bleed them as you were before to get out any remaining air bubbles. If that still won't work you can get a brake bleeder kit at any auto parts store for about $20. It's a small hand pump. Mine is called a mitivac I believe.

aboveall1
03-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks, I'm on it!

g9901920
03-21-2008, 03:24 PM
theres a very easy way to do this:

step 1 remove the master cylinder cover.

step 2 fill the master cylinder.

step 3 start pumper the brake.

step 4 open the bleed screw on one of the calipers.

step 5 leave the bleed screw open and keep pumping watch the level of brake fluid in the master.

step 6 close it and pump.

step 7 while the lever is closed open the bleed screw and then close it while the lever is still closed.

do this for both calipers it might to two times at most.

Aceman
03-21-2008, 07:03 PM
When you're bleeding your brakes don't forget to crack the banjo bolt right at the master cylinder also, sometimes air will get trapped there. As soon as you bleed that, then you'll start getting pressure down at the calipers.

jandjracing
03-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Get yourself a condiment bottle with a tip on the end. Put about 8" of tubing on the tip of the bottle. Fill the bottle half full. Take the master cylinder cover off. Install the end of the hose on the bleeder , crack the bleeder, and push the fluid and air up to the master cylinder. This will move all of the air up and out of the system. The air wants to go that direction naturaly anyhow. You have to put a tight constant squeeze on the bottle and watch the air bubbles and fluid come into the resivour. Sometimes it is helpful to pull the rubber plug/diaphram out of the res first. This will work every time. Then tigten bleeder and feel that lever-

aboveall1
03-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks for all the help guys, there was some air trapped at the top, right at the master! Thanks again guys.