PDA

View Full Version : Xc Link?s

REDRIDDER
03-20-2008, 09:09 AM
do you need a longer rear shock to run an XC link or can you run it with a stock 400ex rear shock I'm confused can someone with a XC link clear this up for me thanks. also i would like to know if the link is the best way to eliminate the rear end bucking problem or whats another good way to get rid of rear end bucking.

Pipeless416
03-20-2008, 09:20 AM
have you tried adjusting the stock settings at all? i have my preload basically adjusted all the way out, and i slowed down my rebound quite a bit.. problem solved ;) . i am much happier with the performance of the rear suspension over whoops now.

REDRIDDER
03-20-2008, 09:29 AM
i have but still would like the suspension to be able to travel farther,how did you adjust your pre load with a screwdriver and hammer lol? i have ordered a spanner wrench and it'll be here next week so i will be able to adjust the pre load if need to.

Pipeless416
03-20-2008, 09:31 AM
i just used a big pipe wrench.

REDRIDDER
03-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
i just used a big pipe wrench. how much do you weigh?

Pipeless416
03-20-2008, 03:24 PM
im about 175. i think i might have backed off the compression just a little bit too. not nearly as much as the rebound though.

03-20-2008, 05:03 PM
To adjust the preload heres what you need to do and you wont need a spanner wrench. Clean your quad especially the rear shock and collars. Let it dry a bit and spray a lubricant I used PB Blaster because its the best stuff I have ever tried and let it soak in the collar rings for preload adjustments. Now take off your seat, air box, air boot, and I took off 1 side panel. Take off the battery side panel because theres more room to acces the shock if you need to. Take a stone hammer and a punch hit it a few times and you will seeit slowly turn. Lubricate it more and keep hitting until there is a gap pretty decent or you can turn the top ring with your hand. Loosen the top ring and then with your hand grap the other ring and your shock and turn it to adjust it. Then screw the jam nut or top ring back down and hit it a few times with the punch to tighten it.

TRXRacer1
03-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
k so i will be able to adjust the pre load if need to. If you haven't done it then you need too. The spring is wound way too tight. You want about 50% sag. Adjusting your sag should be number 1 with adjusting compression and rebound second.

REDRIDDER
03-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
To adjust the preload heres what you need to do and you wont need a spanner wrench. Clean your quad especially the rear shock and collars. Let it dry a bit and spray a lubricant I used PB Blaster because its the best stuff I have ever tried and let it soak in the collar rings for preload adjustments. Now take off your seat, air box, air boot, and I took off 1 side panel. Take off the battery side panel because theres more room to acces the shock if you need to. Take a stone hammer and a punch hit it a few times and you will seeit slowly turn. Lubricate it more and keep hitting until there is a gap pretty decent or you can turn the top ring with your hand. Loosen the top ring and then with your hand grap the other ring and your shock and turn it to adjust it. Then screw the jam nut or top ring back down and hit it a few times with the punch to tighten it. that sounds like a lot of extra work when I've adjusted it before with a spanner wrench its just that i lost it and other day i ordered a new one lol.its kinda of a pain with the wrench but still i don't have to remove anything.thanks to all.thank you very much:)