PDA

View Full Version : ! is it possible !

drocracing247
03-20-2008, 08:24 AM
can you make dual exhaust and if you can does anybody have any pics. will it make performance go up?

zrpilot
03-20-2008, 08:51 AM
You can buy one LTE Exhaust!

trx400EXtreme
03-20-2008, 08:57 AM
ive heard alot of mixed things about duels. some say you gain power, others say you loose power. IMO other than looks they don't help at all. plus to buy them you'll be out like 750 bucks.

REDRIDDER
03-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Looney Tuned duals the picture is from their site.

zrpilot
03-20-2008, 10:04 AM
I personally did not like the fact that you MUST re-locate the battery into the air box.

Rip_Tear
03-20-2008, 11:49 AM
DMC makes a dual exhuast that you do not need to move the batter for, both headers follow the stock path and the silencer on the end is just doubled (a single silencer with dual channels for the headers and exhaust).

It's impossible that you would "loose" power, you'll loose bottom end for sure, and gain a lot of top end, it won't be worth it unless you've worked your motor though. Things like upgrading your air box/carb, bore, compression, rev limiter would be recommended to get your benefits.

Hondamaster5505
03-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
DMC makes a dual exhuast that you do not need to move the batter for, both headers follow the stock path and the silencer on the end is just doubled (a single silencer with dual channels for the headers and exhaust).

It's impossible that you would "loose" power, you'll loose bottom end for sure, and gain a lot of top end, it won't be worth it unless you've worked your motor though. Things like upgrading your air box/carb, bore, compression, rev limiter would be recommended to get your benefits.

Yup:D

Got it for $90 shipped from a member. Great exhaaust.

red_rider_069
03-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
Looney Tuned duals the picture is from their site.
yea good job you didnt tell this guy much.. it comes with all pipes, aluminum air box, battery mount and jets.. "recomended jets".. no idea where the battery mount would be moved to but it comes with it for $700.. and power gain is in top end.. so it help accel, but a single exhaust sys would waste it long range.. and most new pipes that are single are working better than duals.. but for looks duals are nice.. i dont think its worth it.. i rather get a single becasue they are bring both top end and bottum=)..

REDRIDDER
03-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by red_rider_069
yea good job you didnt tell this guy much.. it comes with all pipes, aluminum air box, battery mount and jets.. "recomended jets".. no idea where the battery mount would be moved to but it comes with it for $700.. and power gain is in top end.. so it help accel, but a single exhaust sys would waste it long range.. and most new pipes that are single are working better than duals.. but for looks duals are nice.. i dont think its worth it.. i rather get a single becasue they are bring both top end and bottum=).. wow good thing your here!

red_rider_069
03-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
wow good thing your here!
you should be =)