PDA

View Full Version : TUSK brake pads

mitchamus
03-20-2008, 07:20 AM
I was wondering if anyone has used the TUSK brake pads. IF so how well did they hold up?

REDRIDDER
03-20-2008, 09:25 AM
these are the only pads i use lol...their cheap for one and they hold up exceptionally well to.I can run a pair in the front for about 2years depending on riding conditions as for any brake pads.To be honest with you i really only use my front brakes and they last very well, cant beat the price either a++ in my book i will continue to use their pads until they go out of the ATV business witch will be no time soon lol.

fastredrider44
03-20-2008, 09:39 AM
I used them on the front and they would glaze over when they got hot, but I only used them on the back because i didn't run a skid plate and pads didn't last long so they cheaper they better.

mitchamus
03-20-2008, 09:49 AM
I usually run EBC and they held up really well. I have bought some cheaper pads on fleabay and they laste like 2 rides. I'll try the sintered tusk rear pads and see how they hold up .

dondiesel444
03-20-2008, 10:06 AM
I just noticed my rear pads are shot AGAIN:( this will be the 3rd or 4th set of rear pads and I'm still on the original fronts:confused:

I dunno if I should buy a better set b/c they might last longer or keep usuing the cheap $10 e-bay pads??

TRXRacer1
03-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Tusk pads are the worst pads I've ever put on my quad. I burnt through a whole set in 1 weekend at Haspin Acres! The sand and agressive riding just chewed them up. I run nothing but EBC severe duty now and I've never even come close to such an experience.

flauge
03-21-2008, 12:46 AM
I'd say that theyre good for rec but not for racing..:cool: