PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Question......

JRP
03-20-2008, 07:19 AM
Well when i was out riding last weekened, near the end of the ride, i noticed i kept missing the gears. Yes I know i miss the shift here and there, but it was like everytime id shift, it would miss.... I would even go on a straight stretch and pull the clutch in, and shift up, only focusing on shifting, and it would go right inbetween gears. When i stopped, i tried to get it into neutral and it wouldnt go, someone had to put it into neutral by their hand, and they said it didnt feel right. What could it be? I got home, washed it, and got the gunk off around the shifter and it goes into neutral just fine now, but i havent had time to ride it yet. Could it just be the tranny oil? Im going to change the oil sometime this weekend, but its only about 4hrs old. Thanks

03-20-2008, 07:26 AM
I would think it would be a bad shift fork.

JRP
03-20-2008, 08:52 AM
my tranny is 3yrs old, and nothing has been replaced before. Only thing that has been replaced was my clutch plates/springs. How much does a new fork run?

Nick110
03-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by JRP
my tranny is 3yrs old, and nothing has been replaced before. Only thing that has been replaced was my clutch plates/springs. How much does a new fork run?

Ya sounds like a bent fork. A fork is like 35 bucks.

Dupontster
03-20-2008, 07:43 PM
I would almost be 100% its a bent shift fork. Happend to me twice and depending how bad it is some of your gears may be alittle messed up as well

310ESR
03-21-2008, 03:55 AM
Fix the forks on the first sign of messing up or it could cost close to $1,000.00 in gears. Trust me I speak from experience.

#88yfz
03-21-2008, 06:16 AM
Give D7#61 a call he may have some shift forks for you.

JRP
03-21-2008, 01:07 PM
well ive noticed the last few rides, my clutch was slipping. Took it to my mecahnics house, and everything was fried. Real bad. The shifting felt fine, and he said it just wasnt engaging. Should have all the parts tomorrow, and have it back tomorrow sometime.