PDA

View Full Version : ok need help on what to do

rev-man
03-19-2008, 07:48 PM
i have a bare stock 250ex the dg xcellorator is gone cause it is junk so i cant get a new four wheeler til i graduate high school (450r) so do i put money in to this or do i just ride it stock til i gradute

250excrf250r
03-19-2008, 07:53 PM
well its up to wat i would do is get some nerfs and a jetkit, airfilter w/ no lid to start. later on you could always get a exhaust,revbox,tires,etc but those things before are cheap an u should see a noticable difference. the nerfs are just a saftey procourtion.

rev-man
03-20-2008, 08:58 AM
how much do you like your rev-box

250excrf250r
03-20-2008, 01:46 PM
well thing was i put the air filter and the revbox at the same time so i couldnt give you exact reveiws on the rev box. however ppl do say that they arnt good for the bike but i didnt listen and all i can san is it did add alot because now i can do longer wheelies because of those extra rpm's so i would strongly suggest it. Now the difference between my bike stock to wats in my sig. makes a huge differance. not really top speed but alot more accelerstion. problem. if you do do exhaust,filter,jets,revbox,nerfs ur looking at around 500-900 dollars i will make a few suggestions..
1. exhaust get a HMF go to there website and a full system is 309 thats about the cheapest yet one of the best pie u can buy.
2. jet kit, dyno jet kit probly the most popular cxan get at a local parts place.60$
3. air filter, any after market i recomend a twin air HOWEVER u will need to buy filter oil 45$ for both also remove air lid. from place u get jet kit
4rev box they have a few big gun however does only give 750rpm but it does have a timing plate 125$ from motosport
5 nerf bars, this is for safty i recomend the tusk nerfs from rocky mountain 110$
Grand total 650$

notice i only named a few of my parts, the reason is i am trying to save you money. the only parts you could change to have same parts as me is yosh exhaust but that is 440$ full system from motosport. nerfs, ac racing 160$ form moto sport

any other question send me a PM

Honda10
03-20-2008, 06:15 PM
If you want a cheap HMF exhaust go to supersportsracing.com, it is on there for $220 and shipping is free. that is what I did.