PDA

View Full Version : lighting

honda450rider33
03-19-2008, 02:57 PM
i am looking to run another set of lights on my blaster can anyone give me any tips on how to wire this up?

Dr89
03-19-2008, 09:08 PM
just find a good place to cut the existing wires, strip back each side, srip back each of your new wires, and then just wire nut them all together and electrical tape the heck out of them....thats the easiest way. if you want more detailed/professional ways to do it you can pm me but...that will work just fine.

p.s. before the electrical tape you could slide some heat shrink tube over the wires and wire nut and THEN electric tape like crazy...the main objective is to keep everything nice and dry.

honda450rider33
03-21-2008, 06:16 PM
there is 3 wires there arent there? if so what goes where.

sitka
03-22-2008, 07:38 PM
ones the ground wire, (black) then the other two are the high and low beams. I'm not sure what color they are, blue i think.

Dr89
03-22-2008, 08:51 PM
yea the ground is green (most likely) and you can just leave it alone, and the other two are high and low beam like he said...it would help to know what kind of light your trying to wire to it though if you want us to tell you exactly what wire to put where, but seriously man its really simple, just splice all the wires and start touching stuff, you'll figure it out. and when you find what your looking for, wire nut them together, tape em, and go. if you cut the ground it doesnt matter either just put a wire nut and tape on the end of it all alone.

honda450rider33
03-22-2008, 10:53 PM
thanks is my stock stator going to power them? i am going to run lights like the one on the blaster in the "lets see your blaster" topic

sitka
03-23-2008, 05:06 PM
how many watts does your new lights have? stock stators with the tail light disconnected has like 50 or 55 watts not sure with one. so anything in that area or lower will work.