PDA

View Full Version : i am geting an hmf pipe

bigbadbrad
11-21-2002, 06:04 PM
well i ordered my hmf slip on pipe for my 300ex today, i got it in red and i got the spark aretor for it to. it is my christmas gift this year from my parents. i think i will only pu it on i the spring though because i am puting the ex away for the winter( i dont know how long that will last) iam thinking a bout getting the powroll head pipe because it says it fits the stock silencer so it should fit the hmf slip on and i also need to get the a k&n jet kit.
i am execpeting some good amounts of power because the k&n says 1-2 hp and i will run no lid and the nmf site says 3 so that is 5 and then with the header i should get another 1 or 2 so i am excpecting 7-9 more ponies does that make sense?

this is what the pipe looks like

bigbadbrad
11-21-2002, 06:08 PM
bump
and this is the powroll header i plan on getting and sending out to be jet coated

bigbadbrad
11-21-2002, 06:11 PM
ahh :grr
can some one resize tha pick for me please it is way to big

250xman
11-21-2002, 06:14 PM
if i were you i would just get a Whitebros. header. its only 116.99 from RM. and it has a brushed finish. how much is that powroll gonna cost?

bigbadbrad
11-21-2002, 06:25 PM
the powroll header is only $99.99 and i dont think the white brothers will fit the hmf or will it? if it will some one please tell me

Porkchop
11-21-2002, 06:47 PM
i had the powroll header on my 300ex and it sucked, i'd go with the white brothers header, and it will fit.

bigbadbrad
11-21-2002, 06:58 PM
so porkchop(mmm porkchops would be good right now ahh damnit your getting me hungry with your name) what about the powroll header did you not like? it did not fit good? not good power or what?

MR. HONDA EX'S
11-21-2002, 07:18 PM
You will love your new HMF pipe. I LOVE my RED HMF for my 400. It sounds great. I've put a HMF pipe on a 300 not to long ago. Sound good, not as loud s my 400 slip-on, but sounded good by all means. I wish HMF would make a over sized header pipe for the 300. I've got a fmf o my 300 now.
I think the oversized header makes more power then what people think it does. I wonder if we would call HMF and tell them we want a header, if they will start making them?

And the red will look great on a red fendered bike. Trust me!:D

methyman
11-21-2002, 07:48 PM
resized

Porkchop
11-21-2002, 07:50 PM
they just used some kinda paint on the header and it ended up scratching off and then i polished the hole thing and then it started rusting, but i put some kinda coating over it from an auto shop i found and now it doesnt really rust as bad, but i'd still go with a white brothers

Kadafiy
11-21-2002, 09:49 PM
Good Choice!!!! I love mine for my 400. I'm gonna go to their shop tomorrow and pick up a SA and ask about an engine kit. Ill Tell them about the 300ex headpipe too and let you guys know what he says. Last time I was there they were really helpful to me so maybe they'll help you guys out. The only problem is that the slip-ons do not fit their headpipe you have to buy a different slip-on for the full system. Atleast that is what the owner told me last time i was there for the 400ex maybe not all bikes, ill find out.