PDA

View Full Version : 450r carb?

ttied07
03-18-2008, 10:57 PM
I just had my carb off on my 06 450r, and now I can't figure out where one of the tubes connects to. The tube is about a foot long, it comes off the back of the cylinder and runs to the right side of the bike (muffler side). I don't know for sure if it connects to the carb, but I'm just guessing that it does cause I don't know where else it goes.

Can anyone post a pic or describe where this particular tube is supposed to connect? Thanks

blacknblue#2
03-19-2008, 12:03 AM
its hard to tell without pics but it sounds to me like its the crankcase breather that runs into the side of your airbox??? i could be wrong tho just tryin to take a guess and help

ttied07
03-19-2008, 03:16 PM
no its not that one and it is hard to get a good picture of it because it is quite hidden by everything else. It comes off the back of the cylinder, just below the head, and it is about a foot long, and it runs to the right side of the quad, hard to explain but if anyone has an idea let me know what you think.

Thanks anyways blackandblue

Unverfehrt400ex
03-20-2008, 09:56 PM
if its the one i'm thinking of it comes out just underneath the breather hose blacknblue#2 was talking about?? if so its just a breather hose and it just goes onto the black plastic piece that sits above the head. there should be a hole that you put it in kinda bit the idle adjuster. not sure if thats the hose your talkin about. hope this helped.

blacknblue#2
03-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Unverfehrt400ex is right. I just had the carb off my 07 about 2 hours ago to do some jet adjusting and i thought of this post when i saw it. Mine comes off the back of the jug and just points straight back just hanging there haha

ttied07
03-20-2008, 11:44 PM
i think we are talking bout the same one now. Tomorrow I'll look on that plastic piece and find where it attaches. Thanks a lot guys!