PDA

View Full Version : eyeglass fogging what do you do??

travis283
03-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Does anyone have the problem of eyeglasses fogging during riding and really fogging under there goggles??.. I am just curious if anyone has any tips or secrets I can try? I have heard alot of rumors and such but wanted some hardcore info before I go and ruin a set of eyeglasses. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Travis

WatersRacing
03-18-2008, 11:15 PM
I've been racing with glasses for like 5 years now... And sadly, haven't found anything that works all the time. Using a Scott No Fog Cloth or the No Fog spray will delay the fog... but only delay. Truthfully, the best solution if you absolutely need some kind of correction to ride, is to get a set of prescription goggle lenses. Look a little dorky, but you don't have to worry about your glasses fogging.

I've just stuck to wearing glasses until I can get lasik and dealing with it. And I have the scars on my nose from my glasses to show from it.

03-19-2008, 06:02 AM
i have never ever fogged my glasses up when wearing goggles...but i usually wear my contacts now and have had no probs with them...

dustin_j
03-19-2008, 08:11 AM
I have ridden with glasses and only had a problem with them fogging during slow trail riding or when stopped. When I'd stop I would take the goggles off so my glasses didn't fog up. I usually wear contacts now, and they'd be worth looking into. You can get daily wear contacts that you just wear for a day and then throw away, if you don't want to wear contacts all the time.

quad2xtreme
03-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Here is some good info for you...

Buy Scott Voltage goggles...these have very good airflow even at slow speeds. Get a pair of Voltage X OTG goggles for use with glasses.

Better yet, get regular Voltage X goggles and order the prescription lens. Lasix is not an option for everyone. I got a pair of these for my wife and they have worked perfectly for 2 big riding trips. I can't believe all the hassle I went through for the last 7 years not having them for her.

http://www.888rxgoggles.com/

The guy who owns 888rxgoggles is a big time rider too. He can tell you the airflow of all the major goggles out there.

Always use one lens tear-off to protect your lens from scratches. Cut the pull tab off this tear-off so you never accidently pull it off. If you want more tear-offs, get the type that are laminated together. They come in sets of 3. You don't have to worry about water or dust getting between the sheets.

The self-tinting Scott lense is awesome. It turns blue in the sun and really helps with glare.

Good Luck.

travis283
03-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks guys for all the info, I tried the contact thing and I am just to big of a wimp to put them in and out the dr said I had sensitive eyes :ermm:, I will look into the googles listed above and maybe try them out, my glasses are far enough from my face and all but mine will even fog under normal riding and racing in the gncc witch is not helpfull at all (maybe I just need to get faster), I have heard wise tales of what you can put on the lens to help but hate to use my glasses as a ginni pig for stuff!!.. Thanks A million guys if anyone else knows anything post away....!!!

Travis

quad2xtreme
03-19-2008, 10:01 AM
What goggles do you use now. ProGrip and Oakley are too of the worst for air flow. Ironically, these are the two that I used to wear myself. I switched to the Scott Voltage when my wife did. They are really comfortable and don't fog up. We were riding in the rain and snow at Hatfield and I didn't have any problems.

Jblazin98
03-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Do what i did..Get the laser correction surgery..Best thing i have ever done. I went from being almost blind (my perscription was a -13) to seeing 20/20..

dpizz450
03-19-2008, 02:43 PM
thought i;d help out...looks like he accidently his new thread instead of reply or post.
travis283

!

that is helpful as I use pro grip LOL.. Alot of ppl I know use them and love them but I am the only one with glasses I am running out and getting a set of the scott and see how that works for me the last few gncc I had to pull the goggles off and I hate that I am cleaning my eyes for the whole week I will try the scotts at steele creek and see how that works..

Travis

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged