PDA

View Full Version : racing xc

trail11591
03-18-2008, 09:54 PM
hey any1 got any good ideas as to how i should talk my parents into lettin me race xc?? they dont want me 2 cuz they think i might get hurt and not be able to play football and if that happened i would be upset

Scro
03-19-2008, 07:36 AM
You could get hurt walking down the street. Just let them know how serious you are about it. I would be willing to bet they would let you if they went and watched one. Football is for wimps anyway:blah:

ECOR#8
03-19-2008, 08:15 AM
tell them that football is a one balled sport. racing requires 2.

besides racing is the only true sport, everything else is just a game.:blah:

shadowwalker
03-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by ECOR#8
tell them that football is a one balled sport. racing requires 2.

besides racing is the only true sport, everything else is just a game.:blah:
Except Nascar. I could drive the Dan-Ryan at rush hour every morning and it would be more interesting than Nascar.

trx400EXtreme
03-19-2008, 09:08 AM
just ask them to at LEAST let you try it once and if you don't like it you wont ever do it again.

kawiefan
03-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
just ask them to at LEAST let you try it once and if you don't like it you wont ever do it again.
Thats what I would do.

03-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by shadowwalker
Except Nascar. I could drive the Dan-Ryan at rush hour every morning and it would be more interesting than Nascar.

People under estimate NASCAR. You may not like it or you find it boring but you sure as hell could never take a local track racer or some guy that thinks he can drive and put him in 1 of those cars. Its not easy to make turns going 180MPH with a guy and inch in front of you and someone scraping your side. I'm not trying to start a war here but people need to realize how much skill and work is put into NASCAR. I know for a fact I couldnt drive 1 of those cars in a race and keep it in control or off of the wall. Theres so much more than "just turning left".

03warriorrider
03-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
People under estimate NASCAR. You may not like it or you find it boring but you sure as hell could never take a local track racer or some guy that thinks he can drive and put him in 1 of those cars. Its not easy to make turns going 180MPH with a guy and inch in front of you and someone scraping your side. I'm not trying to start a war here but people need to realize how much skill and work is put into NASCAR. I know for a fact I couldnt drive 1 of those cars in a race and keep it in control or off of the wall. Theres so much more than "just turning left".

i agree with ya. i went to the Richard petty driving experience and did a ride along, now i don't even watch nascar, always have found it boring but i got the chance to do it for free so i did it. all i have to say is holy chit those guys are crazy. the driver only went up to 160 in the strait but still being inches from the ground and wall definitely makes you wake up. coming into the corners it feels like you gonna go strait into the wall or spin out but the car just sinks into the corner leaving you pinned to your seat.

03-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by 03warriorrider
i agree with ya. i went to the Richard petty driving experience and did a ride along, now i don't even watch nascar, always have found it boring but i got the chance to do it for free so i did it. all i have to say is holy chit those guys are crazy. the driver only went up to 160 in the strait but still being inches from the ground and wall definitely makes you wake up. coming into the corners it feels like you gonna go strait into the wall or spin out but the car just sinks into the corner leaving you pinned to your seat.

Thats awesome you got to do that! I hope to do that 1 day before I die. My neighbor AJ races and his parents are the team owners and they make parts and sponsor cars out there. When we were at the Daytona race and my neighbor wrecked man and it was unbelieveable how crazy it was and scary how shooken up he was. The right side of the car was smashed in so far if it was the drivers side dang. I think they said something like racing around Daytona when you hit the turns you pull like 8G's constant until you hit the straight. Thats a lot of force!

Heres a video of the wreck, you cant really see how AJ got T-boned but it show the aftermath and stuff:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s6Vko33ZFp0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s6Vko33ZFp0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

IOWAracer
03-19-2008, 09:29 PM
you can get hurt playing football ive been racing xc for almost 6 years and only dislocated my should one time and thats because i wasnt paying attention and went off a cliff:macho Football on the other hand Torn MCL complete broken Knee cap and alot of surgery makes you wonder

BB

79400ex
03-20-2008, 02:03 PM
You can break your neck playing football. So just due both and not race during football season. Also, do you ahave a chance at scorship(sp)? If you do then i wouild be very careful racing. I have been racing for 15 yrs. and only been in the hopistal once.

Unverfehrt400ex
03-20-2008, 10:09 PM
just keep on begging them. xc racing isn't really that dangerous. i actually just rode in my first race this last weekend and had the time of my life. my parents didnt want me to do it at all. mom wouldnt even come to the race. once it got going dad had the time of his life watching me and wants me to race all the time now. just get them to come to the race with you and they'll love it.

Brauap
03-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Isn't XC just like a 2 hour trail ride? But a little more speed.

IOWAracer
03-21-2008, 10:47 PM
LOL i guess you could say that go to the gallery and go under GNCC and look at the 07race reports and videos that will give you an idea what alot of us do!

BB

trail11591
03-23-2008, 06:48 AM
yeah thanks guy i'm still tryin but he is like really stuborn but well c

416exfreak
03-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Brauap
Isn't XC just like a 2 hour trail ride? But a little more speed.

HAAHAH!

Yea, brauap...its like a 2 hour trail ride with more speed.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VWshymyii5k&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VWshymyii5k&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
If you call that a trail ride....lol:devil:

Brauap
03-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Thats how I ride. So, yea, I consider it a 2 hour trail ride. But ofcourse, with the pros invalved, its just a little more than a trail ride, lol

(I love how that guy on the 450 just has the throttle pinned HAHA!!)

my88r
03-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
HAAHAH!

Yea, brauap...its like a 2 hour trail ride with more speed.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VWshymyii5k&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VWshymyii5k&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
If you call that a trail ride....lol:devil:

i like that video. with a r in third place:D