PDA

View Full Version : well its not a honda question but still good

KASCHAK
11-21-2002, 05:04 PM
my friend hase a kawasaki bayou and we were riding one day and his oil drane bolt on the bottom of the case hit a rock and smashed the bolt right off and some of the case about the size of a quarter and its jagged and it looks lik it might crack more if ya try to even out the points

is there any way to fix it of would you need to buy a new cane
its on the right hand side case

thanks
nick

R-Crazy
11-21-2002, 05:45 PM
you could try welding a piece of chomoly or aluminum (thick), but it would eventually be in his/her best intrest to get a new case and SKID PLATE.

dave

11-21-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by 400ex_kaschak
my friend hase a kawasaki bayou and we were riding one day and his oil drane bolt on the bottom of the case hit a rock and smashed the bolt right off and some of the case about the size of a quarter and its jagged and it looks lik it might crack more if ya try to even out the points

is there any way to fix it of would you need to buy a new cane
its on the right hand side case

thanks
nick

thats why i ride in the sand :p

try welding it first

300exryder
11-21-2002, 07:32 PM
how ironic. i have a riding buddy that has a bayou 220 that 2 weeks ago cracked off his drain bolt whjile riding at the power lines. he didnt know it until he took the quad out the following weekend and was hearing weird noises. he kept on riding for 4 hours w/out oil. he fried the bearings and got new gears in the rear. i would definitely disassemble everything and go with a new case.