PDA

View Full Version : lrd?

KASCHAK
11-21-2002, 04:56 PM
how much does an lrd pipe for a 2002 400ex make a difference compared to the stock? i read the review and i was wonderin how loud it is? louder than t4? how much is it? is there anywhere to get a deal?

how many people reomend this pipe?
what other low cost mods could i do to improve the quad?

sorry for all the questions but i need to know i want to get a pipe that im definate on

thanx
nick

RiPPiNiTuP7
11-21-2002, 05:39 PM
Here is the only dyno I could find...this is comparing a stock 400ex to a piped one (the lid is still on when the pipe was installed, if you were to take it off you would see even better results)

http://www.off-road.com/atv/projects/400ex/lrd/dynorun-stock-480.gif

I run the LRD, and its great, I would definitely go with their pipe if I could do over again. About the sound, I can only compare it to a Big Gun Race Series, and the LRD was quieter, but not by a whole lot. Right now a someone is selling LRD Exhaust's on eBay for $400....I would look into getting it there. Hope I helped ;)

Andrew400ex
11-21-2002, 05:54 PM
LRD,good pipe and sweet lookin...great power gains..i've owned 3 different 400ex's,one with a yosh full system,one with a big gun race series slip on,and one with a LRD full ysstem...they went faster and faster in that order...the lrd maybe the quitest if i remember the yosh...but the big gun is by far the loudest. i remember someone else riding my quad when i was up ontop of a hill and he was in a pit,and it was pretty loud though,so i mean the lrd is louder from far away i think. well i'd def go with lrd,good luck

oregonrider89
11-21-2002, 06:30 PM
go with the LRD. I'm going to buy one as soon as I get the money together. LRD sells them for $430 or so. Its a fairly loud but has a great bark.

oregonrider89

optikid123
11-21-2002, 06:40 PM
in love my lrd and the sound is sweet and lots of wheelies

mysticfalcon
11-21-2002, 06:43 PM
I had a LRD on my old 416 and i loved it. it was a little louder than the t-4 slip on i had before but it was A LOT faster :)

KASCHAK
11-22-2002, 04:38 PM
thanks for all the info and support i will defenity get one

one more question if i get that pipe would i be abl eto beat a 400ex with a t4 slip on and a k&n

i used to be able to beat him with my stocker now hes faster

will i leave him in the dust?

Dave400ex
11-22-2002, 08:46 PM
The LRD is awesome. I really like the new design with the black silencer. If I had to do it all over again, I think I would be choosing from the Sparks, Duncan, LRD, and TC. Those are the four main Engine Builders out there really. Get the LRD, it awesome looking, great price, and sounds like it adds good power. I don't know about dusting the guy with the T-4. but you should be a little faster. If not call LRD again and order you a Cam, Valve Springs, and Rockers. That will get you smoking him.

EvilJester400EX
11-22-2002, 09:39 PM
i believe you can get LRD systems from NACS Racing for about $350...