PDA

View Full Version : did anyone hear about nacs

ridekfx
03-18-2008, 05:21 PM
i heard from a few local mx racers that nacs went bank rupet.. can any one else put in there 2 cents.....

trx400EXtreme
03-18-2008, 05:29 PM
i went to there website to look at number backgrounds and there online store is shut down.... so i'd say they're done.:ermm:

Honda#4
03-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Man that totally sucks

Rich250RRacer
03-18-2008, 07:23 PM
With the economy the way it is, we'll probably see alot more of this. A place like Nac's or other race shops try to support the specialty stuff they do (motors, suspension, custom made parts) with alot of aftermarket parts. The problem with this is BIG places like Rocky Mountain, Motorsport, and a few others kill them on prices of basic aftermarket parts.

gncc025
03-18-2008, 07:29 PM
that sucks:( . NACS has been around since the good ole days. i hate there going outta business right when it seems our sport is starting to grow.

kawiefan
03-18-2008, 07:35 PM
that sucks

NacsMXer
03-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Man I hate to hear this. I just noticed a couple days ago their site was down. I did a lot of business with a lot of little things for my quad back in the day. They were always very helpful folks.

I miss the days when Nac's Racing was in it's hay day. Well-known pros like Gust, Creech, Little, Natalie riding the most tricked out and some of the best looking 250R's, big double decker semi rigs and all...it was quite the setup. Then they caught on with the Cannondale craze and seemed to sort of fade away from then on, it's a shame :(

chris46250r
03-18-2008, 09:12 PM
People think they will get rich with a 200% mark up but not if anybody buys it.

dan harris
03-19-2008, 05:16 AM
That is sad news, Darren Nacaratto was a very talented racer and had a great mind for business until he passed away from cancer in the 90's. His mom and dad did a great job keeping the business going for many years after he passed.

I too remember going to the races back in the day and seeing their decked out rig full of top of the line 250 R's. Darren and the Nac's shop will be truly missed.

mineralgrey01gt
03-19-2008, 09:29 AM
i was just getting ready to place an order with them for a few 250r parts and see if they had anymore graphics left :(

quad2xtreme
03-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
That is sad news, Darren Nacaratto was a very talented racer and had a great mind for business until he passed away from cancer in the 90's. His mom and dad did a great job keeping the business going for many years after he passed.

I too remember going to the races back in the day and seeing their decked out rig full of top of the line 250 R's. Darren and the Nac's shop will be truly missed.

His parents sold the business 1-2 years ago to one of the employees.

NacsMXer
03-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
His parents sold the business 1-2 years ago to one of the employees.

hmm, maybe that had something to do with it?

trxwannbe
03-19-2008, 12:59 PM
keep an eye out for them the current or i should say former owners at this point just couldn't afford to keep it going but their rider danny lewis is trying to get the cash and paperwork together to take over and keep it going

liv2race
03-20-2008, 10:43 AM
ok everyone heres the deal. im very good friends with the new owner, Danny Lewis, and i can say that Nacs Racing will be back in business given a little time. There are many legal and funding hurtles that make it a lengthy process to re-open a business. The way the economy is right now is tough for all businesses that have to do with "pleasure items" or items that are not a priority to daily life, things that we can live without when things get tight, such as quad parts. Danny has a very good vision for where the business is going to go and I can say that it will come back and be the business it used to be. So with that said, I'd like to ask everyone who supported Nacs, and everyone who hasnt in the past to stay positve and bring your greatly appreciated business back to Nacs Racing when the store reopens (in a different location and possibly a different number ). Id like to ask everyone to think of this as a change of business vision and direction rather than a burning out of one of the best ATV businesses ever founded. Stay tuned!

Bill Murphy #41
Team Nacs Racing 2008
4-stroke A
NEATV-MX

tim colston
03-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by my88r
i take it... he got in over his head to fast. budgeting money is always a great thing.:)

That is kinda an unfair assumption. We don't know the details so lets not spectulate.

MXcutie
03-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer

I miss the days when Nac's Racing was in it's hay day. Well-known pros like Gust, Creech, Little, Natalie riding the most tricked out and some of the best looking 250R's, big double decker semi rigs and all...it was quite the setup. Then they caught on with the Cannondale craze and seemed to sort of fade away from then on, it's a shame :(

I have to agree with you on this one.... I use to hangout at their rig when Creech & Little were racing for them.... Everyone who had something to do with Nacs were very nice and always willing to talk to you no matter what.... But like it was said they went to Cannondale and BAM! they kinda faded out... hopefully they will come back for Darren's sake and be just as big! Lets keep our fingers crossed

SRH
03-20-2008, 04:45 PM
i wouldnt make assumptions as to why they went bankrupt ...its unfair to them

but i beleive fewer and fewer people were supporting them and the products they carried, when things began getting bigger tons of new companies with new products were popping up and things were really changing and nac's didnt...to be honest i always bought from nac's for specialty stuff but then i started using some of the new products that were coming out and nac's didnt always carry that stuff and it became a inconvenience (sp) to just order say elka shocks from them because then they wanted top dollar and the place i was buying other parts from would give me a break and id just save on shipping with one order

i hope everything gets cleared up and there up and running again especially since there only a hr from my house...or were

mineralgrey01gt
03-20-2008, 08:41 PM
as long as he has an extra set of NAC'S graphics for a 250r im game! I always did enjoy NAC'S Racing stuff, I have 4 or 5 things on my 250r from there, including a chrome stator cover that ive never seen on their site before, in fact this is the only one ive seen

TWILES
03-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i wouldnt make assumptions as to why they went bankrupt ...its unfair to them

but i beleive fewer and fewer people were supporting them and the products they carried, when things began getting bigger tons of new companies with new products were popping up and things were really changing and nac's didnt...to be honest i always bought from nac's for specialty stuff but then i started using some of the new products that were coming out and nac's didnt always carry that stuff and it became a inconvenience (sp) to just order say elka shocks from them because then they wanted top dollar and the place i was buying other parts from would give me a break and id just save on shipping with one order.

I agree. Its seemed like Nacs was really doing good when the 2-strokes were doing good. I never bought anything from Nacs. Most of the stuff they had was strickly extra or cost way more than the next guy. They weren't evactly the "Wal-Mart" of atving. Small business's are a lot more apts to knock some off the price when you're spending say, $3000. That place was like the Chevy dealership here in town with the "pay it or hit the road" atitude. I have my own business that I don't get away with things like that. Therefore, I won't go along with things like that. Maybe the next guy understands people better. There are only so many wide-eyed 16 year-olds out there and not all of them have blind parents.

312R1
03-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by dan harris

I was a support rider for Darren in the 90's and he treated me like I was Denton..lol I was at a GNC and had a counter shaft seal start leaking he helped me replace and gave me all the parts that I needed.. After we got it fixed he invited us to pit with him and Denton.. I was 15 at the time and I was like a kid in a candy store.:D

Anywho.. I hope they get it back up and running and run it like Darren did..He was a awesome person to deal with.

-Steve

ZWILLETT47
03-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Zac won the 250 A class riding for Jim and Shirley back in 03' They are great ppl!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/KyKult47/Untitled-1.jpg

Nac's22
10-27-2008, 10:37 AM
I know that this is an old thread but to help out my friend I'd like to say that Nac's Racing is now open. It has been for a while and I am not sure that many people know that it is. The number is still the same and the online store is in the process of being updated. So please if you have supported Nac's in the past or would like to start now it would be very appreciated.
Thank you,
Victor Zugibe
#53 Nac's Racing

NacsMXer
10-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by TRR440EX
I know that this is an old thread but to help out my friend I'd like to say that Nac's Racing is now open. It has been for a while and I am not sure that many people know that it is. The number is still the same and the online store is in the process of being updated. So please if you have supported Nac's in the past or would like to start now it would be very appreciated.
Thank you,
Victor Zugibe
#53 Nac's Racing

That is AWESOME! :D :D :D

Thanks for the update :)

10-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
That is AWESOME! :D :D :D

Thanks for the update :)

x2 glad to see they are open rather than lost!

dpizz450
10-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by TRR440EX
Thank you,
Victor Zugibe
#53 Nac's Racing

how about a number and a website?

NacsMXer
10-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by YZrida
how about a number and a website?

www.nacsracing.com

1-866-600-NACS

Nac's22
10-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks for showing interest guys. Danny is a great guy to deal with and I am proud to say he is one of my best friends. He knows a lot about quads and racing in general. Everyone will be pleased with doing buisness with him.

TilltheEnd
10-27-2008, 09:55 PM
always sad to see the "small guy" have to shut down.