PDA

View Full Version : please help want to eliminate reverse

tdw0628
03-17-2008, 07:34 PM
is there any thing special i need to do to eliminate reverse i took the lever reverse shifter off and the stock clutch lever i took the reverse and nuetral lights off and wired and taped them to the rest of the harness i took the wire that plugs in the side of the engine off by the brake pedal and wired them into the harness will this work anything else ???

honda300EXtreme
03-19-2008, 06:36 PM
that should be fine,, theres no point removing anything else, since you already removed the basics

bwamos
03-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Just curious, why do you want to get rid of reverse?

tdw0628
03-21-2008, 08:53 PM
thanks i want to get rid of it because it wont b used im trying turn it into a race bike

bwamos
03-24-2008, 01:04 PM
I'd leave it enabled if you race.
It's faster to put it into reverse and backup than to hop off, pull it back, turn it, get back on, and go.

Id's reccomend doing the reverse button eliminator setup instead.

Ground the R&N indicator switch wires that are located behind the rear brake pedal. Pull the reverse lever behind the rear brake pedal back w/ an exhaust spring. And get a foot pedal lever for the reverse engagement lever.

Then all you have to do is pull in the clutch, put it into neutral (wich you'd have to do anyway), and flip up the reverse engagement lever with your foot and go back. Flip it down, tap into first and back into the race.

Just search around a bit, there's a lot on this forum about that setup.

You're really not saving anything by getting rid of the lever on the side. You still have all the internal parts in there.

big bad beny
03-25-2008, 06:48 AM
Yeah that looks like crap. I didnt do mine that way.

tdw0628
03-25-2008, 03:35 PM
what look likes crap lol

big bad beny
03-27-2008, 07:36 PM
I have seen people us differnt things to keep the lever pulled back all the time and it just looks like crap, kinda jerry reged if u ask me. I did mine differnt. i will try get some pix and directions up this weekend of how i did mine. Its kinda indepth but it works nice

Sign, Benji

bwamos
03-28-2008, 06:21 AM
There's lots of ways to do it.
A Stainless Steel ehxaust spring is pretty inconspicious (It's behind your foot anyway).

01exrider 281
03-31-2008, 04:20 PM
so this elminates the bulky stock clutch setup then right so you dont have to use teh button?