PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360

450rRacer22
03-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Well im going to pick up an xbox 360 and call of duty 4 tomorrow and i was just wondering what you need to buy to play live. i never owned an xbox but i played call of duty 4 on both ps3 and xbox 360 and i liked it better on xbox 360. but yeah i was just wondering if you guys could tell me what i need to get for live. thanks

03-17-2008, 07:07 PM
if its new you can get 3 months free of xbox live gold. You create 3 accounts 1 after the other is done. But live gold for the year you can buy a lot of places even teh gas station. With an internet connection you get xbox live silver which allows you to download content, movies, games, demos, and talk to friends but you can not play multiplayer online.

03-17-2008, 09:38 PM
All you need is a subscription card to play on-line. They sell the 3month 6month and 12month cards.

When it gets hooked up add me. My gamertag is NastyOvenMits

(Don't ask)

450rRacer22
03-18-2008, 09:02 AM
so all i need to buy is those cards and it will just get activated or something? i dont need a router to hook it up to my internet or anything?

I-7
03-18-2008, 09:37 AM
You either need a wireless card if you have a wireless router or you have to wire it to your modem with an ethernet cable.

450rRacer22
03-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Im still a little confused. I went to wal mart tonight and was looking at the cards and stuff and i understand that part. but whats the difference between gold and silver? do i need to get a certain one. im not really sure where to run the ethernet cord. i have mhtc for tv and there is a box where my internet is hooked up to but thats it. theres another place where i can plug it into on my laptop and run it to my xbox if thats how you do it but that doesnt make sense. your help is appreciated.

dpizz450
03-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by 450rRacer22
Im still a little confused. I went to wal mart tonight and was looking at the cards and stuff and i understand that part. but whats the difference between gold and silver? do i need to get a certain one. im not really sure where to run the ethernet cord. i have mhtc for tv and there is a box where my internet is hooked up to but thats it. theres another place where i can plug it into on my laptop and run it to my xbox if thats how you do it but that doesnt make sense. your help is appreciated.

you need the gold membership. with silver you can get online and download demos and stuff but only gold will let you play with other people online. idk exactly what mhtc is but if you dont have a wireless router you need to take an internet wire, i think its called ethernet wire, and run it to the wall or into your modem or somethin. jus try hookin it up to all those and see which one works. maybe someone else can help more. but when you get the card you gotta get on your xbox and like set it up with your e mail and activate it and all that. it doesnt take to long. hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions. im about to go play some halo live :macho

when u get it add me. dank71089 is my gamertag.