PDA

View Full Version : Greased Joints

Smoker
11-05-2001, 05:03 PM
I know, greased joints from smoker, anyway... I've had my 400 a few weeks and was concerned with lube in the from and rear pivots so instead of waiting until I was replacing bushings I pulled it apart to find out I was right for doing so. Although this was a new bike it had relatively little grease so I packed it with good waterproof grease. The moral of my writing, even though it's a new bike don't trust Honda to worry about your joints being greased.:p

11-16-2001, 11:57 AM
Is it posable to drill holes in those and put zirks on them?:confused:

11-16-2001, 12:01 PM
I'm sure you could but honda doesn't put them on for a reason so I wouldn't either,,just buy new a-arms and a new axle carrier and you'll have zerks and it'll be much cheaper doing this than drilling holes and installing grease zerks...:huh

Smoker
11-16-2001, 03:16 PM
I agree with Rico, if you can afford it. Drilling and tapping might lead to cracking on the pivot. A long time ago they used to sell pivot bolts for the 250R that were partially hollow with a zerk on the end to grease it, but it never seemed to catch on. It may have broken also. A good waterproof grease should last a long time if you pack it well. :p

11-16-2001, 09:22 PM
yea i agree 100% man the one guy a i know that is an awsome bike mechanic says the week after you get a new machine take it apart and greece everything....b/c not only honda but all companies skimp-out on greese....dunno why it would save people alot of time but they don't....later

11-18-2001, 09:11 AM
aaaaa. I guess i never thought of that. Good idea, thanks rico:)