PDA

View Full Version : no oil in an Eton 90, now what?

400exvet
03-17-2008, 10:46 AM
While my son was riding his 2000 Eton 90, it quit running. The line from the oil tank to the carb had broken off. This means that it was running without oil for an undetermined amount of time, (5 minutes at most). What exactly does this do? Did the piston seize due to lack of oil? Is there a sensor somewhere that detects no oil, and shut it off? The motor does turn over. Is it possible that it could run after I fix the oil line? He rarely uses it and is about to outgrow it, so I really don't want to put any money in it.....if possible.
Thanks, Doug

Juggalo
03-17-2008, 12:12 PM
you may have fried something but chances are it will be ok, or at least still run. put oil in it, fire it up and see what happens

rt20ps
03-19-2008, 06:26 PM
It's not OK if it won't turn over. Pull it apart is the only way to tell for shure. My guess is that your crank and piston need replaced. If it won't turn over chances are your crank is seized. You may want to eliminate the oil injection system and premix your gas.

Ruby Soho
03-19-2008, 06:31 PM
i used to have a dinli 90, i ran it dry of oil to the point where it shut off, i didnt realise i did it and got it running and rode it from the woods back to my house and realised it had no oil at all. i put more in and ran it

that happened around 2 years ago and my brother was riding it yesterday:p